Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Riverside Park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
New 8 stall supercharger station to be installed at the Wawa next to Walmart on Broward Blvd. (FL-842) and I-95. The primary building/electrical permit was just issued today (2019-08-27), so construction start will likely be in the nearer term. But it does seem like there's a second, subsidiary permit for the project that hasn't been issued yet.

Ft. Lauderdale permit: 19042147 (the other permit: 19072967)
Description: TESLA CHARGING STATION, INSTALL (2) CHARG. CABINETS, (8) CHARG. POST (1) SWITCHGEAR ASS., (1) MASTER CONTROLLER (1) TRANSFORMER

Where: 2620 W Broward Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
GPS (guess): 26.120885, -80.177098

Based on the description that it'll have 2 cabinets and 8 charging posts, I expect this to be a V3 supercharger location.

@BlueShift @Chuq @MarcoRP

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Along Primary Interstates: I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-1, US-441
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-95

To: Riviera Beach - Garden Rd, FL - 49.5 miles
Diversion: 1.5 miles
To: Port St. Lucie, FL - 95.2 miles

Will avoid a large diversion to Plantation for people traveling I-95.
Also, with the description suggesting version 3, this will allow for faster charging.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jrreno

Only 8 for the only SCs on i95 between Miami and West Palm Beach (WPB) seems like under serving current demand, not to mention future demand. And you can bet a lot of those will be signed as general parking.

Also, the WASA SC station at 7289 Garden Road WPBB had signed most the SC (6 of the 8 I believe) as general parking. So some stations were iced up to 1/2 (maybe some 1 hour). Haven't had to go there in months. It was really busy with Telsa's lined up to charge and this was late afternoon on a work day.

Still, since I live in North Pompano Beach, it will save me from going to the Plantation SC or the Del Ray SC.

Only 8 for the only SCs on i95 between Miami and West Palm Beach (WPB) seems like under serving current demand, not to mention future demand. And you can bet a lot of those will be signed as general parking.

Also, the WASA SC station at 7289 Garden Road WPBB had signed most the SC (6 of the 8 I believe) as general parking. So some stations were iced up to 1/2 (maybe some 1 hour). Haven't had to go there in months. It was really busy with Telsa's lined up to charge and this was late afternoon on a work day.

Still, since I live in North Pompano Beach, it will save me from going to the Plantation SC or the Del Ray SC.
They are finish 8 superchargers on Hillsboro and I-95 at the wawa. I also live In pompano and it’s going to help a lot.

Reactions: rdskill
New 8 stall supercharger station to be installed at the Wawa next to Walmart on Broward Blvd. (FL-842) and I-95. The primary building/electrical permit was just issued today (2019-08-27), so construction start will likely be in the nearer term. But it does seem like there's a second, subsidiary permit for the project that hasn't been issued yet.

Ft. Lauderdale permit: 19042147 (the other permit: 19072967)
Ft. Lauderdale changed their online permitting portal, so the above links no longer work. New links below:

Building permit 19042147; Electrical permit 19072967

Construction has started

Attachments

• 797656CE-29D8-42DA-8F95-EC59DC22A57E.jpeg
    797656CE-29D8-42DA-8F95-EC59DC22A57E.jpeg
    855.8 KB · Views: 243
  • F1FA1846-4755-4618-A5C5-89E8075F5BE8.jpeg
    F1FA1846-4755-4618-A5C5-89E8075F5BE8.jpeg
    508 KB · Views: 170
Today. One of the pedestals is out of view. Eight total. The whole thing is pretty well hidden behind the blue-lined fencing so it's hard to get a picture. The signs are marked "Tesla Charging Only."

For anyone planning to use these, it's not in the best of areas to hang out.

IMG_20200403_173923.jpg IMG_20200403_173937.jpg IMG_20200403_173955.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Seven7 and mociaf9
Today. One of the pedestals is out of view. Eight total. The whole thing is pretty well hidden behind the blue-lined fencing so it's hard to get a picture. The signs are marked "Tesla Charging Only."

For anyone planning to use these, it's not in the best of areas to hang out.

FlashEV0625 said:
That area is a very ghetto area. Right behind it there is a very bad neighborhood but right across the street from the Wawa there is a huge police station.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there a couple hours ago. The first SC I tried on the south side didn't switch over to green. Moved to north side all the way to the east SC and that worked fine.

This is NOT a great location. Lots of people yelling. Some homeless women came up to a guys car at the gas pump and used his pump to put gas in her hand which she then cupped over her mouth and nose and took a big hit off. He kinda freaked out. Other loud shows happening from time to time.

Got some food for us to snack on while the car charged, which we ate in the car. My wife did not like being there so we left after charging for 17 minutes (72%).

Wawa SC at 2620 W Broward Blvd, Ft Lauderdale FL.jpg

I was there a couple hours ago. The first SC I tried on the south side didn't switch over to green. Moved to north side all the way to the east SC and that worked fine.

This is NOT a great location. Lots of people yelling. Some homeless women came up to a guys car at the gas pump and used his pump to put gas in her hand which she then cupped over her mouth and nose and took a big hit off. He kinda freaked out. Other loud shows happening from time to time.

Got some food for us to snack on while the car charged, which we ate in the car. My wife did not like being there so we left after charging for 17 minutes (72%).

View attachment 530039
You know there’s a police station literally across the street right?? It’s literally a massive police building. So I don’t know what you were so scared of.

You know there’s a police station literally across the street right?? It’s literally a massive police building. So I don’t know what you were so scared of.

Check you reading skills. What makes you think I was scared? Did you infer that because my wife was getting upset when a couple guys started getting into an argument next to the car? Are your wife and kids are more use to it?

And no, I did not know there was a police station across the boulevard. Not sure why that would matter.

Just got to this supercharger and it is offline. I believe it is a new occurrence because I got no warning of it in the Nav like I have in the past. Nav still shows a lightning bolt, but when you click on it, it say "8 stalls out of order" in small lettering.

I'm curious if this has been a fickle supercharger or if I am just very unlucky. I know it's only been open a month or so.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Just got to this supercharger and it is offline. I believe it is a new occurrence because I got no warning of it in the Nav like I have in the past. Nav still shows a lightning bolt, but when you click on it, it say "8 stalls out of order" in small lettering.

I'm curious if this has been a fickle supercharger or if I am just very unlucky. I know it's only been open a month or so.
I use this supercharger all the time and I never had a problem.

Reactions: Seven7