Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gainesville, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IT Geek?? You have a serious math problem, as I wrote $5 per 42 miles, dunno where your brain is. About what it would cost for a performance liquidshitburner at $2.50ish per gallon. Much more expensive than free, which is what I pay at superchargers.

Pretty sure they were just adding the $450 cost of the adapter plus the $5 fee to charge since you've had no other uses for it over which to amortize the initial investment.

IT Geek?? You have a serious math problem, as I wrote $5 per 42 miles, dunno where your brain is. About what it would cost for a performance liquidshitburner at $2.50ish per gallon. Much more expensive than free, which is what I pay at superchargers.

Pretty sure they were just adding the $450 cost of the adapter plus the $5 fee to charge since you've had no other uses for it over which to amortize the initial investment.

What he said... :)

Also...the smiley is there to indicate I'm having fun...

When my daughter was about 10 years old, I was doing a big home improvement project. I got tired of putting in finish nails the "old fashioned way" so I went out and bought an air compressor, nail gun, the whole nine. I came home and put in one nail and then looked at her and said..."See that nail. It just cost me $500 to put in that one nail." Then I added in a second nail and told her, "...and now I'm down to $250 per nail."

So far...you've only put in ONE nail. :)

Have fun.

OK IT Geek, didn't get what you meant at first. The CHAdeMO thing is quite expensive, but the cost of ownership gets diluted the more I use it, and I just used it again. Also I do a lot of very long trips (e.g. Gnv to San Diego, Gnv to Rochester NY, Gnv to Long Island, Gnv to Rhode Island etc. etc.). So having a backup might save me the considerable cost of towing off of the interstate sometime. Here is a rather long blog about my first big electro trip way back in 2015; https://gerryshawblog.com/2015/09/06/a-tesl-road-trip/

Still not working at about noon today, Jan 20th. So I thought I would check out the Electrify America thing outside Target, there are seven CCS chargers and one CHAdeMO there. CCS don't currently (no pun intended) work with Teslas, but CHAdeMO do with an adapter. So I had bought a Tesla CHAdeMO adapter years ago, but this was the first time I used it. Great big thing and I can't believe I paid $450 for it but that is what is on the Tesla site right now. So I plugged in and it worked fine though it's hard to see the instructions on the screen in the sunlight. You don't need any kind of account, just a credit card. Charged at 110A, 360V which translates to about 120 miles per hour, not too bad. In 21 minutes I got about 42 miles and it cost $5 and some cents. Seems like a viable alternative if the superchargers are down, blocked, ICEd, full, whatever, but a bit slow.
Any idea what's going on with the Gainesville superchargers? They've been down for a few days now.

The Gainesville SC is back online however 4 of the stalls have been marked off and are still not working. They have red tape around them saying danger do not enter. The 2 stalls on each end of the row are the ones still down.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP