Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gaithersburg, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt that, the battery is about the same capacity as 4-5 cars, and the site is set up to charge 6 to12 cars(depending on states of charge), and I doubt they have stationary batteries charge at the same 1.5C rate as the cars do when low. I'm guess inspections and verifications.

I think the consensus was that these batteries were not designed to directly power the superchargers. They are designed to level off the peak demand presented to the utility.

Reactions: Big Earl
I want by a few times today (last time was at 5pm). A Tesla rep (Mark) was working to power them up and test them. At 5pm he had all of the stations lit up and said he had a few more test to run. If all goes well they will be working tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_3424.JPG
    IMG_3424.JPG
    310.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3426.JPG
    IMG_3426.JPG
    317 KB · Views: 84
@Half Dollar Bill, When’s the ribbon cutting at Gaithersburg? Sunday morning? ;)
Lucky it's a mall and I can do some Xmas shopping......
So sure, Sunday 12/17, noon?
If we want to socialize we can find an eatery inside. First we eat, then we shop!
Last weekend I have availability this year so speak up if we want to postpone.

Reactions: MacGreiner
@Half Dollar Bill,

Let's do it this weekend while the excitement is fresh! :D

I wonder if earlier, before all the holiday shoppers arrive, might be best. Maybe 8:00 AM Sunday for coffee?
I can do early too. And it makes sense for better parking if cars have to move after charging. So I'll second 8:00.

Charging at the moment in stall 6B (no car is in stall 6A). There are 3 other cars also charging. I started with 92 miles of range left on my car and am charging at 60 kW (211 mi/hr). Seems a little low compared to the charge rate I get at some other places. I note that the location is not showing up on the navigation in my car. So perhaps Tesla still needs to verify the chargers before they operate at full charging capacity.

Just stopped by and chargers are working well. IMPORTANT! Be very careful pulling into the stations. While it is great to front into the stations, there is a line of cars across from them that make it hard to make a wide arc into the spots. And the stations are close together. I foresee a lot of scratched up bumpers. If you figure out a simple way to park here, please post your solution. See you all soon.

Charging at the moment in stall 6B (no car is in stall 6A). There are 3 other cars also charging. I started with 92 miles of range left on my car and am charging at 60 kW (211 mi/hr). Seems a little low compared to the charge rate I get at some other places. I note that the location is not showing up on the navigation in my car. So perhaps Tesla still needs to verify the chargers before they operate at full charging capacity.
I maxed out at 60 kW here tonight as well.