TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Gallup, NM

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by airj1012, Dec 10, 2013.

1. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Another supercharger is now under construction and this thread is dedicated to the periodically updates and pictures. The location is supposed to be within the Hampton Inn Gallup-West parking lot at 111 Twin Buttes Rd. Gallup, NM 87301.

Google Maps - http://goo.gl/W0nwg6
    Tesla Wiki Supercharger Map - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/ (needs to be updated with new location)

Thanks bsbomber for the information!

2. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Here are two pictures of the progress at Gallup, NM thanks to TMC user - terry pierce

photo 1.JPG

photo 5.JPG

3. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Nice! Looks like Gallup is ahead of Farmington. See Farmington, NM Supercharger - Page 5.

4. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

The location is on the Tesla map on their website but not on the chart below. Maybe the page is pretty close to be activated too - http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger/gallup (just a guess). Anybody seeing it on their navigation yet?

5. Cottonwood

6. Joel

Joel Active Member

It does not appear in my navigation.

7. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Still can't believe that this is showing on their website but no individual link or showing on the nav (since yesterday). I really don't understand their update process.

Has it popped up on anyones nav yet?

8. swegman

swegman Member

Just checked Tesla's map on their website. The dot for this SC disappeared. What happened?

9. Joel

Joel Active Member

JFK was added: JFK Supercharger | Tesla Motors

10. Cottonwood

What is amazing to me is that the Supercharger list in my Nav screen is rapidly being purged of the California Superchargers. 4 more nearby Superchargers (maybe a few weeks) and this Colorado MS will have no more California Superchargers in the full-screen, top-13 list!

BTW, no Gallup yet...

Supercharger List-sm.jpg

11. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

They must have just flipped that switch. I was looking for it earlier but it still was redirecting. And the Detroit Lakes, OR location. Wonder what else hit today. Still wondering where Gallup is.

- - - Updated - - -

Gallup has now been removed from the map. I told someone I know at Tesla that it was out of sync. Wonder if he passed it along.

12. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

This is the reply that I got from the Tesla Supercharger group once I notice that Gallup was on the map but did not have an individual page yet: "Our Gallup site construction is complete, however we are still waiting on final inspections to energize the site. Please continue to monitor our website for updates."

Should be soon.

13. Berkut

Berkut Member

There was an article in the Daily Times in Farmington indicating that Gallup SC was open.
    When I queried Tesla this is the response I got.

I am so looking forward to that invite. Sooner the better.

14. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

Added the info to PlugShare. If anyone wants to edit or add pictures, feel free!

15. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

16. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

At least this time it's more than just a dot on the map...

17. tbleakne

tbleakne Member

Gallup NM SC appeared in my navigation this morning.

18. Berkut

Berkut Member

I've just received an email from Tesla that announces that the Gallup NM SC is now open!

19. Berkut

Berkut Member

Supercharging in Gallup out from Albuquerque

On Friday I did my Albuquerque->Gallup->Farmington supercharger Test drive loop and arrived in Gallup at 11:05 am. I found the staff very pleasant and I really appreciated having easy access to the Hampton Inn's lounge and rest area. With 38% charge remaining I observed a charge rate of 116 kW which progressive decreased as my battery charge level increased. At that initial rate I was seeing 1 mile of rated range added every seven seconds (8.6 mi/min). After an hour of charging, the battery had reached 97% (258 miles rated range). On this leg of my trip I was interested in the car's highway performance, so drove the speed limit (35-75 mph) all the way, taking full advantage of the cruise control's ability to ratchet up and down in 5 mile increments to match the local speed limits. The car performed flawlessly and handled the gusty cross winds with barely a shiver. On this leg I had started out with a 100% charge (265 rated miles) and ended up with 38% (79 rated miles). During the 155.5 mile trip the road's elevation descended to 4974 ft and climbed to 7,267 ft, with a steady climb for most of the journey. The outside air temperature started at 35 and climbed to 42 degrees F.

S85 | Black | Dual Chargers & HPWC | Tech | Air | Sub Zero

IMG_20140117_113810.jpg

20. rsanchez

rsanchez Member

A word of warning about Gallup. This town has some of the worst roads I've ever seen. On a trip here two weeks ago I hit a pot hole on US491 in the middle of the night and destroyed a tire. You can bet none of the tire stores here had a 21 inch tire. THANK GOD FOR TESLA RANGER SERVICE!