TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Gallup, NM

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by airj1012, Dec 10, 2013.

1. dhanson865

dhanson865 Active Member

Looking at the 2015 map the next supercharger east of this should be around Thoreau, NM near the I-40 / 371 junction. It isn't listed as a coming soon so we can expect it to be a fall 2015 supercharger (possibly dragging into winter).

I'm surprised they are packing the superchargers so tightly in the NM I-40 area. Is there a big elevation change there or is it the heat or is it some other reason I'm not thinking of?

2. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

See I-40 — Marching Towards OKC - Latest Table and I-40 — Tesla Map Overlay.

It looks like the next Supercharger east of Gallup will be in Grants, NM, but until it's done, it is only 138 miles from Gallup to Albuquerque.

3. dhanson865

dhanson865 Active Member

only 38 miles between Grants and Thoreau either way it seems awfully closely space putting one there between Gallup and Albuquerque so I'm wondering why bother?

4. tinm

tinm 2013 Model S Owner

Not a fan of superchargers located at hotels. It just means ICE problems.

Yesterday, a big pickup ICE was blocking one of the four charging spots at Gallup. Texas plates, naturally. Skinhead driver was hanging around truck, kept looking at me and my car and the Tesla signs, as if to say he knew exactly what he was doing and what was I going to do about it.

Man I don't like hotel superchargers.

gallup-ice.png

• Informative x 1
  5. KDLRDL

KDLRDL Member

Warning Gallup SC isn't working correctly as of yesterday afternoon. Of the 4 SC'ers only one was working correctly yesterday afternoon. Only 1A was working correctly. Others would work at a very low charging rate and then stop completely. I reported it to Tesla 24 hour service and they said they would send someone to check it out. I was there about 5 PM.

• Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Have been at this Supercharger location for the first time, twice in the past week. Stall 2A is slow, about 60% of the power it should be. Stall 1A appears to be working correctly. Reported.

• Informative x 1
  7. DriverOne

DriverOne Supporting Member

Worked OK today here. 3 Tesla’s total while I was there, just 4 stalls :(

Also a non-payment Shutoff label attached to he charger unit. With a payment demand for service to be restored. I can only hope this is old, since charging does work.

8. BridgeMojo

BridgeMojo Supporting Member

Gallup working well today.
    IMG_20190318_140121.jpg

• Informative x 1
  9. HAL8950

HAL8950 Member

Oct 13, 2019 charge at Gallup, 2 Colorado, 1 Alaska and 1 Ontario charging. Hampton Inn employees friendly and accommodating!
    IMG_7573.JPG

10. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

Thanksgiving crowd: six cars and only three working superchargers. It's going to be a late night...

11. SageBrush

SageBrush 2020: Drain the Sewer

Hi all,
    Plugshare reports multiple problems with either no charging at some charging or markedly reduced at others.
    Please post your experience from Dec 3 onwards until problems are resolved.

I'm heading there tomorrow and may amend my plans to to not charge there if needed.

Thanks!

12. wodnik7

wodnik7 Member

Hi SageBrush,

what was your experience? I will be driving on Saturday, and saw today that the navigation does not show how many spots are free; I will need this SC though... Thanks!

13. SageBrush

SageBrush 2020: Drain the Sewer

88 kW max; probably should have been ~ 140 kW

14. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S/X, California Forums

Moderator note: The preceding three posts were merged in from another thread.

Bruce.