Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gallup, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well look at that! It'd be extra nice if they brought a Megapack trailer (I think that's the name...) to supplement while install/upgrade is underway but I'm sure it took an Act of God to just get the permits for construction while not shutting down the SC's..... Well at least it's movement and we got pictures! Thanks Cameron!

Reactions: PStewart
Bittersweet news from Gallup today. Bad news is that there are currently only two v2 stalls available due to the good news that an additional four v3 stalls are currently being installed.

View attachment 647486View attachment 647487View attachment 647488
Kudos to you for your post! I'm charging in Gallup now and nav says it is closed and the icon says "reduced service," which is correct. There really aren't good "plan B" options for me to get home in my short range car (178 RM) so it was helpful to know what to expect.

Thanks!

20210325_100810.jpg

^ Not much change but the crew is at work on the V3 upgrade.

Construction crew says they are leaving the four old stalls and adding the four new V3 stalls on the north side.

Last edited:
We have been keeping up with the post and decided to take a chance and go thru Gallup from Phoenix to Albuquerque and I am happy to say that 2 stalls are up and running.

We have been keeping up with the post and decided to take a chance and go thru Gallup from Phoenix to Albuquerque and I am happy to say that 2 stalls are up and running.

Do you mean 2 of the original stalls are up? Or, the 2 original V2 that were taken offline for the new construction are now up? Or, 2 of the new V3 ones are up?

Attachments

• 20210328_210857~2.jpg
    20210328_210857~2.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Helpful
Reactions: IdaX and corywright
Did all get replaced with v3? or is it a mix with v2 ? If a mix which are v2 vs v3, thx

The single V3 unit (four stalls) was an emergency addition to the existing four V2 stalls because of severe overcrowding. Those four V3 stalls should greatly reduce, or eliminate, lines except in rare cases of holiday travel, so long as they prove reliable.

In general, it is easy to tell V3 stalls from V2 stalls because the V3 ones have much thinner (liquid-cooled) cables.

Rather than replace the V2 stalls with V3 at Gallup, it would help a lot more to build the Supercharger Station at Grants.

There’s an old v2 cabinet just sitting on a pallet in the corner of the parking lot. Presumably waiting for someone to come pick it up

The v2 combined with v3 stalls is a confusing setup. Even I plugged into a shared stall on accident at first. N00bs will make that mistake a lot.

Also, I received a very icy reception at the front desk when I inquired about the restrooms. She said it was not for Tesla owners and was for paying guests only. I asked her how much I had to pay to use it and she had no response. My high HHonors status didn’t help either. I could understand this type of behavior early in the pandemic when there were many more unknowns but this seems totally ridiculous at this point.

C2DFD01D-8B30-480F-8945-02E63CD16428.jpeg

Also, I received a very icy reception at the front desk when I inquired about the restrooms. She said it was not for Tesla owners and was for paying guests only. I asked her how much I had to pay to use it and she had no response. My high HHonors status didn’t help either. I could understand this type of behavior early in the pandemic when there were many more unknowns but this seems totally ridiculous at this point.
I charged in Gallup just before the pandemic and the sign out front said "Welcome Tesla Drivers" and they were very friendly at the front desk. Has there been a change in management or just a cranky person at the desk?

Reactions: SpaceAggie
I charged in Gallup just before the pandemic and the sign out front said "Welcome Tesla Drivers" and they were very friendly at the front desk. Has there been a change in management or just a cranky person at the desk?
That sure sounds like a change in policy. When I was there in March the sign on the door said that restrooms were only available for hotel guests. Perhaps Tesla cut a deal?