Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gallup, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another supercharger is now under construction and this thread is dedicated to the periodically updates and pictures. The location is supposed to be within the Hampton Inn Gallup-West parking lot at 111 Twin Buttes Rd. Gallup, NM 87301.

Google Maps - http://goo.gl/W0nwg6
Tesla Wiki Supercharger Map - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/ (needs to be updated with new location)

Thanks bsbomber for the information!

Here are two pictures of the progress at Gallup, NM thanks to TMC user - terry pierce

photo 1.JPG

photo 5.JPG

What is amazing to me is that the Supercharger list in my Nav screen is rapidly being purged of the California Superchargers. 4 more nearby Superchargers (maybe a few weeks) and this Colorado MS will have no more California Superchargers in the full-screen, top-13 list!

BTW, no Gallup yet...

Supercharger List-sm.jpg

They must have just flipped that switch. I was looking for it earlier but it still was redirecting. And the Detroit Lakes, OR location. Wonder what else hit today. Still wondering where Gallup is.

- - - Updated - - -

Gallup has now been removed from the map. I told someone I know at Tesla that it was out of sync. Wonder if he passed it along.

This is the reply that I got from the Tesla Supercharger group once I notice that Gallup was on the map but did not have an individual page yet: "Our Gallup site construction is complete, however we are still waiting on final inspections to energize the site. Please continue to monitor our website for updates."

Should be soon.

There was an article in the Daily Times in Farmington indicating that Gallup SC was open.
When I queried Tesla this is the response I got.

Currently, the location is not yet up and running, but from all of the information I’ve got available to me, it should be opening in the next few weeks. When we open a Supercharger location, we will generally send an email out to all of the local Model S owners, so that they can come celebrate the new locations with us.

I am so looking forward to that invite. Sooner the better.

I've just received an email from Tesla that announces that the Gallup NM SC is now open!

supercharger_now_open_498x295_01.png
First New Mexico Supercharger Now Open!
crm_map_marker_13x16.png
Gallup Supercharger

111 Twin Buttes Road, Gallup, NM 87301
crm_clock_15x15.png
24 hrs/day
crm_lightning_bolt_13x21.png
Charging Stalls - 4
The planet’s fastest charging station is now just a road trip away! We are excited to announce our first Supercharger in New Mexico. The Gallop Supercharger represents another milestone in the expansion of our cross-country Supercharger network. Soon you will be able to take your Model S across the country for free, for life.
Incredibly Fast, Always Free
Superchargers can recharge half the capacity of Model S in as little as 20 minutes and are strategically placed to allow owners the ability to drive from station to station while minimizing stops. Superchargers are conveniently located off major highways near cafes, shopping centers and travel plazas.

Supercharging in Gallup out from Albuquerque

On Friday I did my Albuquerque->Gallup->Farmington supercharger Test drive loop and arrived in Gallup at 11:05 am. I found the staff very pleasant and I really appreciated having easy access to the Hampton Inn's lounge and rest area. With 38% charge remaining I observed a charge rate of 116 kW which progressive decreased as my battery charge level increased. At that initial rate I was seeing 1 mile of rated range added every seven seconds (8.6 mi/min). After an hour of charging, the battery had reached 97% (258 miles rated range). On this leg of my trip I was interested in the car's highway performance, so drove the speed limit (35-75 mph) all the way, taking full advantage of the cruise control's ability to ratchet up and down in 5 mile increments to match the local speed limits. The car performed flawlessly and handled the gusty cross winds with barely a shiver. On this leg I had started out with a 100% charge (265 rated miles) and ended up with 38% (79 rated miles). During the 155.5 mile trip the road's elevation descended to 4974 ft and climbed to 7,267 ft, with a steady climb for most of the journey. The outside air temperature started at 35 and climbed to 42 degrees F.

S85 | Black | Dual Chargers & HPWC | Tech | Air | Sub Zero

IMG_20140117_113810.jpg

A word of warning about Gallup. This town has some of the worst roads I've ever seen. On a trip here two weeks ago I hit a pot hole on US491 in the middle of the night and destroyed a tire. You can bet none of the tire stores here had a 21 inch tire. THANK GOD FOR TESLA RANGER SERVICE!