Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gastonia, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the new Thomasville SuC planned for Q3 and now under construction, I'm curious if anyone has seen anything related to the new Gastonia SuC yet as Tesla is also saying Q3 for this one as well. This is a much needed SuC on the I-85 corridor between CLT, Greenville, & ATL.

Jackpot! I finally found it as it was just issued today.

12 stalls coming soon to 3050 East Franklin Blvd, Gastonia, NC 28056

@corywright @Big Earl

1660786303281.png

Gastonia, NC

Host Type: Mall
Host: Franklin Square
Along Primary Interstates: I-85
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-29, US-74, US-321
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-85

To: Charlotte, NC - 28.2 miles
Diversion: 1.9 miles
To: Lexington, NC - 70.9 miles

US-29

To: Charlotte - Metropolitan Ave, NC - 17.9 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles
To: Charlotte, NC - 29.3 miles

US-74

To: Charlotte - Metropolitan Ave, NC - 17.6 miles
Diversion: 0.3 miles
To: Rockingham, NC - 90.5 miles

US-321

To: Hickory, NC - 41.6 miles
Diversion: 7.3 miles
To: Boone, NC - 81.8 miles

Splitter!

Splits a 105.1 mile gap on I-85, 78.8 miles from Greenville, SC and 28.2 miles to Charlotte, NC.

Along a few US Numbered Highways as well.

Not my favorite location. Good thing I won't be using this location as I'm in Charlotte. Tesla has been choosing some odd locations in my opinion as of late. Personally I like locations that are just off the highway so you can make your pit stop as quick as possible. While this location does have a lot of food options around which is great, you can spend a decent amount of time getting to the location due to traffic. I think locations at the intersection for I-85/321 (Gastonia) or I-85/74 (Kings Mountain) would have been more ideal. Or split the distance more equally between Greenville and Charlotte with a location in Gaffney.

I stopped by last night and didn't see anything around Best Buy. Which is the address on the permit. I didn't look throughout the whole parking lot, because it's large and the address on the permit is specifically Best Buy, not the shopping center.

Not a huge fan of Piedmont, SC or Old Fort, NC either. I've definitely made mental notes of the locations that I prefer and will likely skip the less desirable ones going forward.

• Funny
Reactions: ChrisC