Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gaylord MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surprise, stopped by the Meijer in Gaylord today. Looks like real progress is being made. Wow.
2017-10-01 13.09.52.jpg

SWEET!!! I was soooo hoping this would be done before this winter. Soon will be able to make it up to my place in the UP without slow charging anywhere. I must also admit my obsession with this site. I check it multiple times per day.....always waiting for the blue dot or construction cone to appear on gaylord. And its finally here! Thanks BlueShift for all of your work on this site.

This is a key one I've been waiting for as well. I'm surprised it's already under construction since the dot was one of the recently added ones that only targeted opening by the end of 2018. The only downside to this Meijer is it's a couple miles off the freeway.

This is a key one I've been waiting for as well. I'm surprised it's already under construction since the dot was one of the recently added ones that only targeted opening by the end of 2018. The only downside to this Meijer is it's a couple miles off the freeway.
Considering they tend to put the superchargers a mile away from the store, it might end up only being a one mile diversion :)

• Funny
Reactions: Electric Joe
Considering they tend to put the superchargers a mile away from the store, it might end up only being a one mile diversion :)

Have you ever heard anyone really complain about this fact? People tend to complain about everything, but I haven't actually heard anyone say this is a problem for them. Every Supercharger I've used at a Meijer has been located very far from the entrance to the store. Only one time was it raining, but even then I didn't mind because I was just so happy to have easy access to charging when I needed it.

Have you ever heard anyone really complain about this fact? People tend to complain about everything, but I haven't actually heard anyone say this is a problem for them. Every Supercharger I've used at a Meijer has been located very far from the entrance to the store. Only one time was it raining, but even then I didn't mind because I was just so happy to have easy access to charging when I needed it.
I'm not necessarily complaining but I think it's a strange business strategy for them. It is often the case, that I am closer to a business across the street than I am to the Meijer entrance. So I end up going to the gas station or Starbucks or whatever rather than going to Meijer. I'm not sure if that's really what they intended. I understand that they don't want to give up their prime parking spots and we don't want the spots ICEd, but I think they have taken it to an extreme.

Love it.
Don’t you guys notice that Michigan has been the busiest state for building superchargers this summer outside of the coastal regions, total of 7 locations. I wonder if Tesla is trying to make a political statement here.

Love it.
Don’t you guys notice that Michigan has been the busiest state for building superchargers this summer outside of the coastal regions, total of 7 locations. I wonder if Tesla is trying to make a political statement here.
That has been noticed. I think the total for this year may be 8: Ludington, Marshall, Lansing, Traverse City, Auburn Hills, Livonia, Gaylord and Roseville.

Reactions: Sambas
I understand that they don't want to give up their prime parking spots and we don't want the spots ICEd, but I think they have taken it to an extreme.

I much prefer a long walk, even in the rain, over having all the charging spots ICE’d. The supercharger in Jackson, WY is a perfect example. It’s at the front of the parking lot, very near the front door, and it is continually ICE’d. If they had just installed them at the back of the lot — approx 50 yds away — there would be no problem.

I agree. I can't believe all the activity in Michigan this year. I imagine it would be very tempting to say "stick to" michigan for not playing ball, but then you would only be hurting your supporters. So, I am glad that they are stepping it up. I just spent (hopefully) my last 7 hour trip from Mack

I have a feeling Clare and Mackinaw City will take a while. All the locations that have been appearing suddenly have been hosted by Meijer, and there aren't any stores around those two cities so they'll need to negotiate with other business owners. Swartz Creek and Escanaba should be at Meijer so they may appear sooner.