Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gaylord MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully this gets done soon, it will make my UP travel plans so much easier... anyone have luck using the destination charger at Adoba hotel in Naubinway? Do they let non guests charge?

Our property is about 40 min west of Naubinway. I have not used the charger at the motel but their website says "patrons only". I'm pretty sure the people working there could care less if you are a patron or not. A few bucks would probably go a long way too. This charger does give us a little piece of mind. Its a potential emergency stop for us just incase it becomes clear that we aren't going to make it to the cabin.

Our property is about 40 min west of Naubinway. I have not used the charger at the motel but their website says "patrons only". I'm pretty sure the people working there could care less if you are a patron or not. A few bucks would probably go a long way too. This charger does give us a little piece of mind. Its a potential emergency stop for us just incase it becomes clear that we aren't going to make it to the cabin.

Sounds good. Yeah it's basically a peace of mind thing in case this supercharger isn't done and I can't charge fully at the rental 120V outlet to get back to TC.

> for travelers on the way to the UP [Uncle Paul]

Next stop of course would be the Meijer up at Sault Ste Marie right on the Canadian Border 120 miles north.
--

Wow! Thank you for the info! This is just what I wanted to know. Now we should be able to drive all the way from the other side of Michigan via Port Huron to visit friends in Sault Ste Marie and return home without charging concerns - this is the first long trip my wife has planned once we pick up our Model 3 this month. Since highway speeds are going to be pretty high along this route (cutting into range), we need as much supercharging help as we can along the entire I-75 jaunt.

Driving Colorado - Detroit - Harbor Beach - Mackinac Island - Petoskey - Niagara - Boston - Colorado next month. Looks like I will be charging at Sheplers while staying on the Island. Was hoping to use the SC in Gaylord (after topping up in Bay City) but that looks like its going to be a no-go. Apparently the Gaylord SC is the gift that keeps giving.

I stopped by today but the site won't let me upload the pics....anyway it looks like there are some new pieces of underground conduit that popup above ground just north of the first charger closest to the BW3 there. Across the driveway from that you can see a lot of underground utility flags, marks and so on.

#MarsB4Gaylord

I stopped by today but the site won't let me upload the pics....anyway it looks like there are some new pieces of underground conduit that popup above ground just north of the first charger closest to the BW3 there. Across the driveway from that you can see a lot of underground utility flags, marks and so on.

#MarsB4Gaylord

HA!! I seriously laughed out loud at the hashtag. Awesome. Thanks for the update. Is there a transformer at the site yet?

Driving Colorado - Detroit - Harbor Beach - Mackinac Island - Petoskey - Niagara - Boston - Colorado next month. Looks like I will be charging at Sheplers while staying on the Island. Was hoping to use the SC in Gaylord (after topping up in Bay City) but that looks like its going to be a no-go. Apparently the Gaylord SC is the gift that keeps giving.

I'm planning a trip to Mackinac Island this July and had reached out to the ferry companies in Saint Ignace about charging but neither have any available. Is the charging at Sheplers only on the Mackinaw City side of the bridge?

I have a bit of an update that I was able to gather from a trusted source... Apparently when they went to build this SC they thought they had all the rights and the easements that they needed in order to do the work. However the Menards that is going in there bought the land where Tesla was going to run the power lines to the chargers so they had to then obtain an easement from Menards.

Unfortunately Menards was in the process of doing their site layout work and a Tesla easement was not exactly top priority for them. However Tesla has been able to obtain a signed easement and therefore you are now seeing new conduit being pulled. The wire will also be going in soon.

However the word I got was that we should not expect this one to go online before Memorial day. June is a more likely completion month though.

Finally was able to get my picture to upload....here is the new conduit IT Geek referenced.

While we are here, is too much to ask to have them water the aborvitae?

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180515_124208~2.jpg
    MVIMG_20180515_124208~2.jpg
    923.1 KB · Views: 97
  • MVIMG_20180515_124219_1.jpg
    MVIMG_20180515_124219_1.jpg
    434.8 KB · Views: 88
Unfortunately, there’s been little progress since I posted this photo on April 18. A few weeks ago I reported there was some minor digging around the conduit, but no other signs of progress. I am optimistic though about the info Geek heard from his source.

View attachment 302266
I guess the progress I was highlighting is that the snow has melted before Memorial Day :confused:
#MarsB4Gaylord

• Funny
Reactions: tomsModelS