Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Corio (Geelong), Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

moa999

2020 3 SR+ MSM
Mar 4, 2020
Sydney, AUS
As a Q1 2021 opening, though worth adding a Geelong thread as the site should be set, and possibly beginning to start construction.

Screenshot_20210105-172416.png

Pin on the Tesla site is shown to the SE close to the M1 in Highton, possibly near the Queen's Park Golf course.

Spots close to that that might make sense would include Fyansford Hotel,
Or further south the Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre

As a Q1 2021 opening, though worth adding a Geelong thread as the site should be set, and possibly beginning to start construction.

View attachment 624381

Pin on the Tesla site is shown to the SE close to the M1 in Highton, possibly near the Queen's Park Golf course.

Spots close to that that might make sense would include Fyansford Hotel,
Or further south the Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre

So this aligns with a speculative thought I had last year when there was chatter of a Geelong supercharger...

Observations:
* Bendigo supercharger is at Kennington Village
* Gympie supercharger is at Goldfields Plaza

These and four others are owned by the same group - of the other four, one is Barrabool Hills Plaza. This centre is on the western outskirts of Geelong, with easy access to the highway.

Now the Geelong pin has appeared, and it's not centred on the middle of the city as is usual but rather close to Barrabool Hills Plaza:

upload_2021-1-6_10-44-52.png

More speculation - a fourth centre by the same owner is Colac Plaza. Colac Plaza has had destination chargers for a while. Now Colac has appeared on the supercharger map...

Reactions: baillies and moa999
Reactions: PStewart
Gees, the SCs are ICE'd even in renders before they are built!

Interesting to see that pic. That was around the era my supercharger-hunting Google Fu skills were at their max, but never saw that one!

In any case I would suggest the removal of Torquay/Great Ocean Road and addition of Geelong suggests Torquay is right out of the mix now.

• Funny
Reactions: moa999 and bradjc
Latest rumors in the FB EV forums is still Barrabool Hills Plaza. Anyone been by there lately to see if any work started?

I was there about 2 weeks ago sniffing around and no sign of anything as yet. Not much left of Q1, wouldn’t it be great if it comes online next week and takes us by surprise in some off the radar location. (Yes, Friday drinks for me started early this afternoon. Cheers!🍺)

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and moa999