Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Corio (Geelong), Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's showing up on Tesla's website map now. Well, it's half updated... the address and details are filled in, but the marker is still grey and the location hasn't been moved yet! Looks like they're calling it Geelong and not Corio.

1622442473222.png

Ballarat, silly location for people not living in Ballarat, should have been near the BP service station on the Ballarat exit from Melbourne. As an "in-town" charger, I think they could have put it on the otherside of the road near stockland.
The Chargefox Ultra-Rapids have been a far better option for me. If I'm ever stopping in Ballarat to charge, it's on a Friday evening and I'll be looking for dinner. Everything around the Tesla SCs close quite early, but the Ultra-Rapids are located near Grill'd, Nandos, Subway if you're early enough, and other stuff too. Plus they're cheaper than Tesla chargers.

Reactions: whoistheg
The Chargefox Ultra-Rapids have been a far better option for me. If I'm ever stopping in Ballarat to charge, it's on a Friday evening and I'll be looking for dinner. Everything around the Tesla SCs close quite early, but the Ultra-Rapids are located near Grill'd, Nandos, Subway if you're early enough, and other stuff too. Plus they're cheaper than Tesla chargers.
I assume the Ballarat location is where it is due to easy access from the bypass, similar in Geelongs case.
People can always grab food from the nearby options before charging and eat in the car.

I assume the Ballarat location is where it is due to easy access from the bypass, similar in Geelongs case.
People can always grab food from the nearby options before charging and eat in the car.
The time difference in negligible. Plus if you need to make an extra stop to get food on the way to the SC, you were better off going to the UR. Anyway, each to their own. UR works best for me in this case.

Hi all. Has anyone noticed that the car always shows “2 bays available “ in Geelong charger despite it being an empty charging bay with no one using the chargers?

Would this be a software bug or are the units broken already?

Drove past the charger today and just noticed it.

Some of the plugs at the Geelong site don't work. As I posted elsewhere:
I was at the new Geelong site [on Saturday 10 July 2021]. One other Model 3 there, in stall 1b. I go to stall 1c since I am on that side of the site and this being a V3 there's no pairing. Quickly goes to 30kW - and stays there. Uh, no, that's not right. Move to 1a. Weird, handle button doesn't open charge port. Ah well, use the screen. Plugged in, and am told to check the power source. Nothing doing. Moved over to the other side of the site, forget which stall exactly, and get the expected ~160kW.

For a new site, a bit disappointing.

Reactions: AussieOwner