Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - George, WA (LIVE 7 Nov 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New 12 stall coming to George, Washington! @Chuq @Big Earl @tes-s

Fwgo1w0aUAIijn3

Fwgo3CgaEAAXJO9

I wasn't a fan of the Quincy supercharger. Very sparse amenities, just like Tokio (Sprague). This one has a Fatburger (yum!), hotel, and a truck stop that is probably nicer than the other two I mentioned (haven't been yet).

I believe Shree's truck stop owns the land at this location so it will be interesting to see if superchargers go in at their other locations. They just built a new truck stop at Thorp, WA which would be a decent spot for a supercharger.

I wasn't a fan of the Quincy supercharger. Very sparse amenities, just like Tokio (Sprague). This one has a Fatburger (yum!), hotel, and a truck stop that is probably nicer than the other two I mentioned (haven't been yet).

I believe Shree's truck stop owns the land at this location so it will be interesting to see if superchargers go in at their other locations. They just built a new truck stop at Thorp, WA which would be a decent spot for a supercharger.
Pretty sure these are going into the existing parking lot at the hotel at this address per the plans that were posted by Marco. And only 12 miles from 17 stalls in Ellensburg? With second stations going in at Yakima and Cle Elum? Sunnyside/Grandview/Prosser would make more sense on I82 than Thorp. If you look at the spacing they are establishing with the upcoming Snoqualmie Pass site as well, Thorp would be an outlier (even if they did have a Shree's agreement in place).

Pretty sure these are going into the existing parking lot at the hotel at this address per the plans that were posted by Marco. And only 12 miles from 17 stalls in Ellensburg? With second stations going in at Yakima and Cle Elum? Sunnyside/Grandview/Prosser would make more sense on I82 than Thorp. If you look at the spacing they are establishing with the upcoming Snoqualmie Pass site as well, Thorp would be an outlier (even if they did have a Shree's agreement in place).
I think you misunderstood my post.

What did I misunderstand about “shrees truck stop owns the land at this location so it will be interesting to see if superchargers go in at other locations”? There are no superchargers going in at this Shrees so your question about them going in at other Shrees is based on a false assumption unless what you typed isn’t what you intended. If you meant to say Tesla was forming a partnership with Wyndham, then that would be a valid discussion point.

1685078305995.png

1685078423218.png

What did I misunderstand about “shrees truck stop owns the land at this location so it will be interesting to see if superchargers go in at other locations”? There are no superchargers going in at this Shrees so your question about them going in at other Shrees is based on a false assumption unless what you typed isn’t what you intended. If you meant to say Tesla was forming a partnership with Wyndham, then that would be a valid discussion point.

View attachment 941146
View attachment 941147
I said that I believed the truck stop owned the land. After doing some googling, it looks like I may have been mistaken (still not totally sure). I never said the supercharger was going in *at the truck stop*. But thanks for the helpful red circles and Xes lol.

I said that I believed the truck stop owned the land. After doing some googling, it looks like I may have been mistaken (still not totally sure). I never said the supercharger was going in *at the truck stop*. But thanks for the helpful red circles and Xes lol.
I guess I still fail to see how you are "not totally sure" that the truck stop doesn't own the land for the supercharger. It is going into existing parking at the hotel, the drawings and real life images are quite clear.
1685159951910.png
1685159997019.png

• Funny
Reactions: PLUS EV
We stop at that Shree's almost every time we pass through there. I bet there will be a desire path visible on google maps within a year from that supercharger over to the convenience store. That walk is about 5 min / 300yd, so it should be just perfect with a food/restroom visit to Shree's to make an ideal 15 minute supercharger stop.
1685488287834.png

Reactions: bruce4000

I kind of like the Quincy and Tokio ones, just because they're so quick to get to off the freeway.

Agreed, they are super easy to stop, throw 5-10 min of juice in the pack, and go. If you need amenities they both leave a lot to desire. I don't recommend using the bathroom at Sprague in the winter...
The gas station store seems to work fine for people when they are stopping and gassing up, don't see why it's any different. Yes, charging is longer, but you if you can't find something to do in the car like read and you are relying on car/charging companies to provide you with entertainment and sustenance for 30 minutes, then maybe an EV isn't right for you. Find a drive thru just before and pick up food you cna eat while charging, easy enough.

I stayed at the Microtel in George, WA last night and I bought a sandwich at the Subway inside the truck stop. Then I stumbled across this thread about a new supercharger in Georgia, WA. It's at this hotel. I checked outside this morning and there was construction going on, but not related to the supercharger. It is road construction next to the hotel. There is a stake next to the hotel transformer that says "Tesla".

IMG_20230712_085328.jpg
IMG_20230712_085341.jpg
IMG_20230712_085603.jpg
IMG_20230712_085613.jpg

IMG_20230712_085648.jpg
IMG_20230712_085708.jpg
IMG_20230712_085847.jpg
IMG_20230712_090055.jpg