Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Georgetown, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
https://newzgroup.com/TXLegals/2020/91191-2020-07-12_1003.pdf

In the Planning and Zoning section on the left:
GPD Group / 1013 West University Avenue / Installation of Tesla EV Charging Equipment in existing parking area
What: Tesla is in planning for a new supercharger station at Wolf Ranch Town Center (likely in the Target parking lot), in Georgetown.
Address: 1013 W University Ave, Georgetown, TX 78628

GPS
(guess): 30.632050, -97.696763

@Chuq @MarcoRP

Georgetown,TX_planning notice.JPG

Sounds awesome... how'd you know this is an SC and not a wall charger? It'd be a wonderful SC location for those driving I-35 or 130.

Otherwise its full stop ahead in Texas :( All that lovely hill country & Big Bend, unreachable (or at least difficult & slow).

how'd you know this is an SC and not a wall charger?
First the application was made by GPD Group which is the engineering consultancy firm Tesla currently uses for the majority of their US supercharger deployment. Second is the suitability of the location. It's right off I-35 in a large shopping center that looks like a very good fit for a supercharger. Plus, there's a Target store there and Target is one of Tesla's big partners when it comes to businesses hosting superchargers at multiple locations. If Target actually does turn out to be the host, then the site will almost certainly also include a few Chargepoint L2 stations as this seems to be a feature of the Tesla-Target hosting agreement.

I admit this reasoning is not totally definitive but, as someone who has a pretty good track record for finding supercharger stations in pre-construction phases of development, my assessment is that it's overwhelmingly likely that this is for a supercharger.

The location you put as the coordinate guess was 1031, not 1013.
1013 is the address for the block behind Panda Express and Buffalo Wild Wings with Specs and various restaurant or other food type places.
The whole Wolf Ranch location doesn't really have any areas that don't get crazy busy.
If it really is here it will be constantly ICE-ed.

The location you put as the coordinate guess was 1031, not 1013.
1013 is the address for the block behind Panda Express and Buffalo Wild Wings with Specs and various restaurant or other food type places.
The whole Wolf Ranch location doesn't really have any areas that don't get crazy busy.
If it really is here it will be constantly ICE-ed.
Addressing for these sites isn't often that particular. I placed my GPS guess by assuming it would be in the portion of the complex that could be considered Target's parking lot and then looked for what looked like the least desirable areas in that lot. I may end up being totally off. Have to wait and see.

Excellent, thanks for sharing. Now we can fill in a bit more information on the specifics of this station. It's currently being proposed as 16 V3 stalls. And @Twiglett was right that they were using a more precise street address, with the exact location in the NE corner of the lot between McAlister's Deli and Longhorn Steakhouse/Panda Express. Updated GPS: 30.632093, -97.694003 (map link)

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS and Twiglett
interesting info, thank you.
I didn't realize the V3 meant one cabinet to four stalls.
I think I'm reading it right that each cabinet is about 300kW, which mean we have to spread out every four instead of every two.
So if all four stalls are in use for a given cabinet, does that mean 75kW each?
I've not been to a V3 before so I don't know if they label them as 1ABCD, 2ABCD etc

interesting info, thank you.
I didn't realize the V3 meant one cabinet to four stalls.
I think I'm reading it right that each cabinet is about 300kW, which mean we have to spread out every four instead of every two.
So if all four stalls are in use for a given cabinet, does that mean 75kW each?
I've not been to a V3 before so I don't know if they label them as 1ABCD, 2ABCD etc
Each cabinet can individually draw 350 kVA AC from the transformer, but the cabinets are all connected to each other across a DC bus and share power that way, too (max DC input is 575 kW). The max output for a single cabinet is therefore closer to 900 kW, which would give +- 225 kW per stall assuming you could engineer a situation where you had 4 cars connected to a single cabinet trying to pull that much simultaneously (and enough additional cabinets to provide the full power). The idea behind this architecture is that there's no need to care which stall you use, they effectively don't share power the same way that the V2 stalls do. So, plug in to whichever stall catches your fancy.

Mostly it seems that Tesla hasn't been labeling the stalls, but in the instances where they have, yes it's 1ABCD, 2ABCD, ... The markings aren't in the same place, though. They are smaller and much less noticeable, usually placed on the information sticker on the inside ring of the supercharger pedestal (i.e. the red part) where the support phone number is.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Twiglett and brkaus
This is some fantastic news! Coming to or from San Antonio along I-35 has been rather annoying since there were no SuperChargers on the toll road. We always have to drive straight through Austin into the crazy traffic and typically stop there for our final charge (not to mention the Austin SC is very busy).

With this Georgetown SC, you could finally take the toll road nearly to the end and charge up!

Drove through the Target lot today (and over by McAlister’s) and no sign of construction just yet. My best guess is it will be in the NE corner of the Target parking lot. There are a ton of restaurants within walking distance. Will be a perfect location.

Drove through the Target lot today (and over by McAlister’s) and no sign of construction just yet. My best guess is it will be in the NE corner of the Target parking lot. There are a ton of restaurants within walking distance. Will be a perfect location.

the map within the presentation in post #9 shows the exact location. Bummer nothing has started yet. Please keep us updated if you frequent the area.

I'd say pretty good but not perfect. The daytime choices are good to excellent but I can't think of anything in the area that is 24 hour. My bladder works around the clock.

Reactions: DriverOne
its not in the target parking lot, its over by Panda Express, Longhorn Steakhouse, between them and Specs/Souper Salad etc