Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Georgetown, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the map within the presentation in post #9 shows the exact location. Bummer nothing has started yet. Please keep us updated if you frequent the area.
Forgive me, I wasn’t up to speed on the above. I am surprised they’re proposing/securing 16 of the spaces in front of McAlister’s vs. the largely open Target lot. The McAlister’s parking lot was very busy today with few to no vacant spots. Nonetheless, it will be convenient location for owners passing through the area.

I drove by the proposed Georgetown site this past weekend and did not see any equipment, survey marks or construction taking place. The permit / map provided in this forum thread causes me to question the location. It seems to me it would make more sense to locate the Superchargers in the Target parking lot rather than in this smaller parking lot (if I read the map correctly).

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS
My wife and I drove through yesterday, and there is nothing anywhere yet. I checked the entire lot, but my belief is that it will be over on the Target side or maybe next to Chick-Fil-A.

There is a short shipping container next to the Buffalo Wild Wings but it is too small for Tesla equipment, has been there for several months and seems to be for the restaurant. That' area is also the worst place in the whole parking lot for chargers of any type.

Reactions: EV-Tiger
tl;dr: Nothing to see here. Move along.

My wife had an optical appointment here today, so I spent 30+ minutes driving the entire lot and surrounding properties. I even found a new section of the property I hadn't seen before, which would be a good Supercharger spot - far Southeast corner next to I-35. But "no".

I spotted a security guard parked in the shade of an old live oak tree, and asked if there were any EV chargers nearby (thinking a lot of ICE owners don't know a Tesla from a Nissan Leaf, or a J1772 from a spark plug wire). Answer: "no".

I said I heard Tesla was building some chargers here etc... he said he hadn't heard about that and would know when and where they would be if so.

My conclusions: Tesla has permits and design in hand but no action anticipated for perhaps the next 30+ days.

• Informative
> far Southeast corner next to I-35

There's a nice trail if you walk down to under the bridge from there. Turn right and there's a proper trail that winds along the creek, or you can turn right, go under the bridge and up the other side to grab something from P Terry's.

> far Southeast corner next to I-35

There's a nice trail if you walk down to under the bridge from there. Turn right and there's a proper trail that winds along the creek, or you can turn right, go under the bridge and up the other side to grab something from P Terry's.
Still nothing?
I'm planning on getting a model 3 soon. I'm in killeen btw.

Reactions: cylonmode
Its crazy to me there are no Superchargers in Killeen or anywhere from Waco to Austin...
If you go back to the archives from 2013 you’ll see that Temple was supposed to be one of the first supercharger locations in Texas, for the Austin-Dallas route, but the city blocked it. That’s why it’s in Waco. Regardless, it’s only 100 miles from Waco to Austin so I don’t see why it’s crazy there are no superchargers between them.

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab and CarlS
Its crazy to me there are no Superchargers in Killeen or anywhere from Waco to Austin...
Yeah it is. I've noticed that tesla doesn't have superchargers close to any army bases from what I've seen. If you're in killeen, your closest superchargers are the ones in Austin or Waco and by close I mean 48-50 miles. They have a few j-1772 and 13-16 kw tesla chargers in the area. But some of them don't even work and the charging speed is not ideal. So really, you have to have access to home charging to have a smooth experience with a tesla when superchargers aren't in close proximity.
Probably why I've seen only 2 teslas driving around there.
But my daily commute is not a lot and I won't be there for too long so that's a positive.
But they should at least have a supercharger in Belton or Temple.

Reactions: cylonmode and CarlS