Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Gettysburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is currently building out a Supercharger at Sheetz in Gettysburg, PA. The address is: 30 Camp Letterman Dr, Gettysburg, PA 17325

I called and spoke to the store manager who also confirmed it is indeed a Tesla supercharger.

IMG_2954.jpeg
IMG_2955.jpeg
IMG_2956.jpeg

How many stalls? The area circled in red, by the drive-thru ordering kiosk, looks like only five parking spaces. Area circled in yellow looks like where the backhoe is in the third photo.

View attachment 570234

My wife took the photos so I'm not sure of too many details at the moment. Lets all just say a prayer that the Sheetz representative knew what she was talking about when she said "Tesla Supercharger". I'm hoping this won't be some wonky EVGO station or the like. I tried looking up Adams County, PA permits but they don't seem to be available for viewing online.

How far off 15 is it? I would love to bypass Harrisburg.

I think I'm getting spoiled with the new V3 superchargers.

Based on the address given above it's on US-30, west of and close to the intersection with US-15.

According to Google it's a 1.3 mile diversion northbound and a 0.6 mile diversion southbound.

Filling a hole and adding coverage on 2 US Numbered Highways.

Ah, I remember when Pennsylvania was a hole in the network.

Looking at the last image of the site posted, I'm not so sure it's Tesla 4-5 spots?? does Tesla do small four stall sites with one V3 cabinet???
If they cannibalize some of the landscaped area there, they might be able to squeeze in a 6th stall. And while it's more unusual, we've seen some 6 stall superchargers relatively recently. Another option, if it is a supercharger, would be to use those 5 stalls and a few on the other side of the aisle (next to the store). Or, of course, it might not be Tesla. It shouldn't take too long for someone passing by to snap a pic of something definitive.

I knew this would happen. Such a great location. It's a Sheetz with plenty of space, route 30 and 15 traffic plus tourist traffic.
A little too close to home for me to benefit but more superchargers for more people!

Plenty of parking on 30. Weird to build in back with only 5 spaces. Superchargers are 8 minimum.

Last edited:
I knew this would happen. Such a great location. It's a Sheetz with plenty of space, route 30 and 15 traffic plus tourist traffic.
A little too close to home for me to benefit but more superchargers for more people!

Plenty of parking on 30. Weird to build in back with only 5 spaces. Superchargers are 8 minimum.

Trust me you would benefit. I'm now surrounded by V 3 chargers and getting spoiled real quick. For years I never took advantage of them in the region. I used to stop by Gaithersburg and grab a quick charge once and a while. Now I'm Thinking "Do I charge at home, or do I stop by Royal Farms and grab some chicken and a charge?" I tend to think this way when I travel down town and run around town all day. It's a benefit to both Royal Farms and I. This charger is maybe one mile from my house, and I pass it twice a day.

I still have my concerns about super charging a lot and it's effects on the battery. I don't want to abuse the privilege with Tesla given I have free super charging.

Fingers crossed as my son goes to college there.

If it is EVGo there is still some hope as they've partnered with Tesla to offer Tesla's charging standard on their equipment. Although these deals frequently fall to pieces. They had/have a pilot program in Los Angeles.

An EVGo at a Sheetz would be new. They tend to be at random locations (an Arby's in York, street side in downtown York) but have some type of partnership with Rutter's.

I wouldn't hold your breath for EVGo to roll out the Chademo adaptors, if it happens here it will take a long time. I bought an adapter and EVGo works much better than Electrify America, if there is a charger available.

Correction: I did locate 4 EVGos at Sheetz locations in Virginia and a few in NC.

Last edited:
Took these last night. There are 5 pads poured with forms and conduit. As stated earlier, they could probably get 6 stalls in that area but I would think they would have formed the bases at the same time. Hope I'm wrong but I don't know that this will be a Tesla Supercharger. The base closest to the camera in the first picture is also not where a Tesla pedestal would go for a pull in spot.
870BA8EE-55CB-46F8-B407-BF17AC7BD8D0.jpeg
69FEB17E-9EE0-4727-94D9-F1F65E36575C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: mociaf9
Look at these pictures you would say this six stall site would NOT be a Tesla site.Just like I said before. But it is, they must be moving the lines. TWO TRAILER SPOTS. Rookie contractor is my guess.

925CDC33-52F8-412B-90E0-C6588DB29DD3.jpeg
E8EA9FF4-5FB7-4FEE-97C9-32BA0DF0AE3A.jpeg

But now look at these two and you’ll see it is Tesla.

A8606CC3-2919-4AC8-A75C-E40637EAF599.jpeg
568100E5-0F00-43A4-84DC-1E13215700C7.jpeg

55B91068-32B0-424B-A142-D6CADAE2CB9A.jpeg

Damn gravity. Big Earl your trick didn’t work

V-3 6 stall site. Unless two go over by dumpster

Look at these pictures you would say this six stall site would NOT be a Tesla site.Just like I said before. But it is, they must be moving the lines. TWO TRAILER SPOTS. Rookie contractor is my guess.

View attachment 571029 View attachment 571030

But now look at these two and you’ll see it is Tesla.

View attachment 571034 View attachment 571033

Damn gravity. Big Earl your trick didn’t work

V-3 6 stall site. Unless two go over by dumpster
It’s actually 8 V3 stalls, just look at your 4th photo where the request is for 8 parking signs. Will add, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: corywright
oh this will help a lot! Gettysburg was a bit of a charging desert with just some level 2s and that was it. I visit there once a month to see my ageing aunt. I always have to charge up to 100 percent before I leave so I have enough to drive around for errands and then I was stopping by the leesburg SC on the way back on 7 to get charged back up for home (Reston) . now I have l more choices on this end without going out of the way ( ashburn leesburg, Frederick etc). but it would be nice to have one there to charge up when I am up there longer than a day. In 2018, I went to pick her up for a wedding and travelled down 30 to Lancaster and there were no SC's that way at all so from Reston to G burg to Lancaster got " interesting" . I finally found a L2 in bird in hand . thank goodness for the plug share app! Now things are getting so good I can skip a charger ( or two!)