Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Giddings, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a number on the stalls, however, if you call it now, Tesla states "the self report problems" and do not encourage people to bother calling in about supercharger issues, but you can wait on the line to do so if you want... However, between Italy having a physically busted stall for months now, Austin (og 150kw location) being roughly 40% operational any given day of the week for the past 6+ months, Waco's numerous problems, and Giddings... I have little faith in their self reporting generating repair actions :(
Looking at PlugShare Austin: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You , it looks like the site has a score of 10 out of 10, and yet the most recent posts are indicating the stalls operate at 45-65kW, when they should go to 150kW. ... hmmm

If I was driving in from Houston, I would way over-fill my battery in Giddings (70+ kW is good for me), and then get just enough in the Austin I-35 site to barely make it to Giddings to charge enough to get home. It would be real nice, if someone could get a 'typical' kW rating for a site, that averages the best 5 minutes of kW for every person charging in the past 24 hours. That would give people an holistic number that sums up the size, congestion, and (non) maintenance of a particular site. Maybe, for grins, I'll get a grease pencil and hand-write the number on the next dud stall I come across. Let the (mythical) Tesla maintenance guy wash the markings off.

Last edited:
What on earth is going on with these slow SC? 290 at Rudy's is reported to be very slow
I don't know, but I'll need giddings to get to austin this weekend. I was in Tifton, GA earlier this month and it topped out at 50kw. They told me that holiday traffic causes a lot of wear on the super chargers on top of the maintenance schedules being reduced because of the holidays.

Tesla's live navigation to Giddings SC shows a wrench icon and "limited availability" or something like that. It's grey and there is no number showing number of available stalls. I've had to rely on that SC in a pinch going between Austin and Houston, and College Station. Hope it's back soon.
I just charged there last week. At least 2 of the stations were out then, but the one I ended up charging at was in great shape.

That doesn't answer your question but I hope it's helpful.

Reactions: Jmolloy3