Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Giddings, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope they'll put that fence back. Last thing we want is getting these spots ICEd by Dogs.
Are you still doing your regular Austin - Houston - Austin trips every week? I nominate you to take some pictures and post them here. Or at least a verbal every now and then.

I expect to go through there the second week of August and will hopefully do the same...

Reactions: SammichLover
Are you still doing your regular Austin - Houston - Austin trips every week? I nominate you to take some pictures and post them here. Or at least a verbal every now and then.

I expect to go through there the second week of August and will hopefully do the same...

I drove by last weekend but since I did not see too much progress, I did not stop to take pictures. Next weekend I'll stop for sure and post pictures here.

I think it's a safe assumption that they are stalled by the same shortage of the charging posts that has currently stalled multiple locations across the country/continent. There's been maybe 2 or 3 locations where the posts have just started to show up within the last two weeks, so maybe the waiting is close to being over and the supply will start to flow again soon.

I think it's a safe assumption that they are stalled by the same shortage of the charging posts that has currently stalled multiple locations across the country/continent. There's been maybe 2 or 3 locations where the posts have just started to show up within the last two weeks, so maybe the waiting is close to being over and the supply will start to flow again soon.
I don’t think any pedestals have shown up at the V3 sites yet, either. Did they maybe consolidate the V2 pedestal manufacturing w/the new V3 stuff and thus a delay as that ramps up?

What I don't understand is why the (72kW) Urban Supercharger pedestals are not shipping either. The new Austin TX site is waiting on them for example.
A sample size of 1 isn't a good basis to try and extrapolate. I don't think there's any general interruption to the supply of the 72 kW posts. We've recently seen them showing up and being installed at other locations (Seattle, Malibu, Ojai, etc).

A bunch of V3 pedestals at the new Vegas SC that popped up overnight. No clue how long they were they before it was noticed. I had a (wrong) theory that they were having trouble with temperature on the V3 and that's why the first ones being built outside Cali were wayyyy up in Canada, guess I was wrong LOL.... Although the LV ones are under a huge solar canopy so they are out of the sun... Hmmmm.... :p

A bunch of V3 pedestals at the new Vegas SC that popped up overnight. No clue how long they were they before it was noticed. I had a (wrong) theory that they were having trouble with temperature on the V3 and that's why the first ones being built outside Cali were wayyyy up in Canada, guess I was wrong LOL.... Although the LV ones are under a huge solar canopy so they are out of the sun... Hmmmm.... :p
Besides the LV site, and the #1 highway Canadian Prairies sites, and the original Fremont location, what are the other confirmed V3 locations?

• Informative
Besides the LV site, and the #1 highway Canadian Prairies sites, and the original Fremont location, what are the other confirmed V3 locations?

No others that I know of... I was just personally curious with all the sites in the US under construction how Canada lucked out getting what seemed to be the only V3 sites outside of (at the time of my curiosity,) California. Sorry to kind of take this off topic.

Giddings is a welcome location, when I get my Tesla, it is directly on the way to Dallas for me! It will probably be ready before I am :(

We passed through on the 13th... not great pictures, but it shows definitely 8 stalls, looks like a 7 / 1 split with 1 pull forward spot... And Bucee's has come out before stating they would love to have superchargers... but nothing has come of that (and I can't currently find the mentions of it)... they aren't anti EV from any communications I've seen.

20190713_192058.jpg
20190713_192154.jpg
20190713_192056.jpg

Last edited:
Bucee's has come out before stating they would love to have superchargers... but nothing has come of that (and I can't currently find the mentions of it)... they aren't anti EV from any communications I've seen
They might be anti-providing-rent-free-parking-lot-space. ;)

I thought though that they didn't want 'vender tied' chargers? So were avoiding commitment until standards came down to only one?