Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gilman, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New V3 supercharger has appeared on the Tesla map at Gilman!

upload_2020-5-6_23-12-41.png

AHA! This is the location Kyle, Tesla SC repairman, who we spoke to last fall at the St. Joseph, MI SC (chronic repairs!), was talking about. He was saying it began with 'G' and was in central IL near Champaign! Good location. Easy on and off.

Reactions: PStewart
Gilman, IL

Along Primary Interstates: I-57
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-24, US-45
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-57

To: Flossmoor, IL - 61.4 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: Country Club Hills, IL - 64.7 miles

To: Fort Wayne, IN (US-24) - 168.5 miles
To: Maumee, OH (US-24,IN-E900N,I-469,US-24) - 256.5 miles
To: Lima, OH (US-24,IN-E900N,I-469,US-30,OH-115,OH-65,OH-106,I-75) - 234.3 miles
To: Mt. Gilead, OH (US-24,IN-E900N,I-469,US-30,US-23,OH-95) - 314 miles
To: Lafayette, IN (US-24,I-65) - 77 miles
To: Veedersburg, IN (US-24,US-41) - 81.2 miles
To: Terre Haute, IN (US-24,US-41,IN-63,US-41,I-70,US-40) - 134 miles
To: Normal, IL (US-24,I-55) - 62.1 miles
To: Mount Pleasant, IA (US-24,US-150,I-74,US-34) - 206.9 miles
To: Peru, IL (US-24,I-39,IL-251) - 98.8 miles

Splits a 107.3 mile gap along I-57.

Also, it's on 2 US Numbered Highways, US, 24 and US-45.
US-24 is a West-East highway, so this Supercharger helps continue to fill in holes in the network.

• Helpful
Reactions: jsmay311
Any updates on the Gilman IL Supercharger location. Planning a trip through that area in the next 30 days it's key to know if this will be available. The Tesla web site says it's available. Supercharge.info says it's been down for 8 days. Most recent comment here is that it's offline. Anybody local that can figure out what the deal is? Plugshare PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You thinks it's available. A Better Router Planner says its offline with no explanation - A Better Routeplanner ... The Tesla web site says there are both 8 and 12 250kW Superchargers available but no indication that they are down.

What's up with this location?

Any updates on the Gilman IL Supercharger location. Planning a trip through that area in the next 30 days it's key to know if this will be available. The Tesla web site says it's available. Supercharge.info says it's been down for 8 days. Most recent comment here is that it's offline. Anybody local that can figure out what the deal is? Plugshare PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You thinks it's available. A Better Router Planner says its offline with no explanation - A Better Routeplanner ... The Tesla web site says there are both 8 and 12 250kW Superchargers available but no indication that they are down.

What's up with this location?
ABRP uses Supercharge.info's data, so the fact that it is showing that the site is down is really just repeating that SC.info shows it offline and is not an independent assessment.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
What's the deal? Bollingbrook has been showing temporary closure for months; I charged there Saturday along with 6 others at same time. Maybe because this used to be crazy busy at all hours and the equipment couldn't handle it? But Gilman shouldn't be crazy busy yet. Wierd.

What's the deal? Bollingbrook has been showing temporary closure for months; I charged there Saturday along with 6 others at same time. Maybe because this used to be crazy busy at all hours and the equipment couldn't handle it? But Gilman shouldn't be crazy busy yet. Wierd.

Temporary closure has nothing to do with how busy a site is. It's mostly technical issues. The 250 kW chargers are very finicky.