Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gilroy, CA (16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on the official web site saying that 8 stalls would be added by summer 2013, I think they plan to add two more stalls very soon. That must be why there are 6 cabinets but only 10 stalls, currently. They just haven't quite completed their summer plans. (It's pretty much par for the course for Tesla to be behind schedule.)

Gilroy CA. It's just never busy when I've been there !! You can see that there is still no wall around the superchargers. While at the plant I was told Gilroy may go to twelve stalls. In my opinion they need to upgrade the oldest of stall pedestals. As it has been mentioned elsewhere.. BE CAREFUL WHEN HANGING THE CHARGING CABLE UP! IT FALLS OUT EASILY FROM THE OLDEST FOUR STALLS AND WILL WACK YOUR CAR MARKING IT AND DENTING IT IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL!!!
IMG_9189.jpg
IMG_9190.jpg
IMG_9191.jpg
IMG_9197.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9196.jpg
    IMG_9196.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 656
Last edited:
When a mountain lion randomly kills a runner or hiker in the hills every few years, I always think that there may be an odd animal out there with a mental illness.

I'm just very low on the worry scale. just keep my eyes open.

gilroy is the far edge of silicon valley, so i doubt you'll find any Tesla haters.

By Tesla haters. By random evil person. Who knows. Lights generally make a place safer, or at least feel safer.

Gilroy's supercharging site is still incomplete. The superchargers and Distribution cabinets DO NOT HAVE their surrounding wood or cinderblock wall. The site needs some appearance attention. All the supercharging pedestals should be the new style to bring credit to it as a Tesla supercharging site and to TESLA as a company! The parking signage poles for the new six stalls have all been hit and are bent to one degree or another. It just looks unkept; non uniform and NOT A SUPERCHARGING SITE REFLECTIVE OF THE CORPORATE IMAGE OF TESLAMOTORS!!! It has been six months in it's current state. This site is in TESLAMOTORS back yard. The first site many people see.

"No!!!..." No... this appearance just isn't working for me.

This site just has to be finished and upgraded.

Gilroy CA. It's just never busy when I've been there !! You can see that there is still no wall around the superchargers. While at the plant I was told Gilroy may go to twelve stalls. In my opinion they need to upgrade the oldest of stall pedestals. As it has been mentioned elsewhere.. BE CAREFUL WHEN HANGING THE CHARGING CABLE UP! IT FALLS OUT EASILY FROM THE OLDEST FOUR STALLS AND WILL WACK YOUR CAR MARKING IT AND DENTING IT IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL!!!

Okay, I get it. Please stop yelling.

I've used Gilroy SC many times. Never had a problem. Everything works. Yes it could look better.

Gilroy 01.jpg
Gilroy 02.jpg
Gilroy 4.jpg

It looks like construction has resumed. The right most 4 older SC stations are being replaced. Workers were trenching and assembling new SC stations.
Meanwhile the remaining 6 stations are getting a work out. All 6 were full as I was completing my charge.

Battery swapper? Tesla will have to put them somewhere to get their ZEV credits back.

I was thinking about this, in order to get the ZEV credits Tesla has to demonstrate 195 mile recharge in 15 minutes for a Type IV ZEV or 285 miles(or 300+??) in 15 minutes for a type V ZEV credit.

While the battery swap, looks like it could meet this easily for type IV and possibly type V as well, what about faster recharging? What if you took the battery storage device being installed at super charge locations and instead pumped as much power as you could in 15 minutes, I think it might be possible to charge a S-85 to 195 miles in under 15 minutes but it might come at a cost of battery longevity, maybe not much.

Though I'm not sure, the battery storage device besides load shifting (talking power when it's cheaper) could also be used to take power at an even rate from the grid and when a car plugged in surge it in without effect to the grid.

I'm not sure if this make sense or not...

I found this story and started thinking...

Green Car Congress: California ARB posts final modifications for ZEV rule on fast refueling/battery exchange for public comment