Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gilroy, CA - Camino Arroyo (Gilroy Crossings, LIVE 26 Nov 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to see that this location has been confirmed as a Tesla site based on the appearance of the Tesla charging pedestal bases. Strange that it took a year from the initial survey to the start of construction. It is odd that this new site is not show on the Tesla website Find Us page as a gray pin.

View attachment 592136

Morgan Hill never showed up as a gray coming soon location either. I didn’t see any reason why the initial guy I spoke to who said it was Tesla EV charging would have said it was if it wasn’t. Sure he saw paperwork at least that indicated who ultimately was paying or supervising the work being done. If Gilroy’s building permit department was computerized and available for public use, we would have had confirmation early on. I’m waiting for the Target Cottle location to start up again. That’s been mothballed for months too but listed on the Target/Tesla supercharger list so feel good it will still happen.

Last edited:
OK was back in area this a.m. and grabbed these shots. If I counted correctly think there are 10 concrete pedestals bases in the ground presently in this row that’s in the foreground*. Also believe that looks like the v3 white cabinets?

258D3869-40F9-4E0C-A2A9-D6E8C5617B41.jpeg

46C25C5B-E670-40A2-A428-B3C42540B1E5.jpeg

F7A59647-E992-4627-A907-304BAF845DCD.jpeg

713B91C3-B8A1-4754-919C-410EC94D96DB.jpeg

*in the 2nd and 3rd photos however it looks like another base is already in the ground on the opposite side of these 10 and think I can spot the beginnings of additional ones so maybe they are just starting to work on the ground trenching on that side and the count will go up. Also expect there will be at least 2 L2 ChargePoint chargers installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: mociaf9
I drove by on Friday around lunch time and a few of the fencing panels were open. Saw a lot of workers in the trench with the concrete pedestals. But no where close to ready to mount the red and white covers even. Thought maybe they were running underground conduit. I didn’t feel comfortable trying to grab a photo with my phone like some paparazzi but instead should have saved video with my TeslaCam, duh!

Stopped by around 10 a.m. while in the shopping center to see what’s been completed so far. Guys working still in the trenched area but now the white cabinets are in and being wired. If guys weren’t working I would have grabbed more photos but things still looked pretty torn up.

521B8CB8-F008-4D86-A21B-97CA19856024.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9
Still not operational, despite looking quite ready. The ChargePoint pedestals taped off, and their displays are dark.

Small oversight: Tesla pedestals 2C and 2D are missing their "2C"/"2D" identification labels.View attachment 609195View attachment 609196View attachment 609197

I thought maybe you were going to say it had gone live. Haven't been way since my last post but wondering about it's status. Thanks for the update.

I had noticed that a few of the pedestals were missing the labeling and wondered if it got installed on the other side and it was just a matter of rotating the white outer covers. I never drove around to the farside of the lot where the CPs are to take photos. If so might have noticed if the labeling was visible from that side.

Unchanged: Tesla logos still dark, charger doesn't open charger port, and ChargePort pedestals still taped up.

The back of Tesla pedestals 2C and 2D don't have the labels either, so the labels simply didn't get applied. Somebody didn't finish their checklist....

Has anyone seen a utility transformer installed? It's not apparent from the pictures, and nobody's mentioned presence or absence in recent posts.

(If the transformer isn't there yet, there's no point in trying to plug in, etc. because the Tesla equipment wouldn't be getting any power.)

Bruce.

We’ll be picking up Thanksgiving dinner from a restaurant not far from there and will make a point of a driveby. Probably not turning on until after the holiday but thought maybe they would try to schedule activation before Black Friday and Thanksgiving weekend travel. Even though covid, assume people are still traveling and will be shopping.

The ChargePoints were taped up btw.

The two units that aren’t marked, do not have any decals on them at all (checked other side).

We had our MS with us which has free supercharging so not sure if the billing has been activated. We were at 69% SOC and charging was slow (tapering off?), just plugged in to try out. We were at an unmarked SC unit so maybe that signifies something — like still needing maintenance. The other person charging in his MS said he was getting a good charge rate at 1D.

When we tapped the SC locator in our car it came up with no message about being closed.

Location Should be a helpful alternative for anyone not wanting to wait if the Gilroy outlet SC location is full or looks like there could be a wait (those units are some of the oldest v2 ones that use pairing where as these at Arroyo Camino/Target are v3 with no pairing).

Last edited:
Don't let the Turkey get cold!

RT

Haha, man it smelled so good too in the car! We're eating later tonight and will reheat so all went in the refrig when we got home but sure was tempting to nibble. I figured it was worth the stop to let others know if the SCs were live.

BTW West Side Grill in Gilroy on Santa Teresa Blvd. has very good food (Holder family restaurant). Ate there at least once a week prior to covid and haven't been there since March. Glad still in business. Doing a lot of carryout today and they had outdoor dining in the courtyard but we're not comfortable with that. Definitely a food recommendation if in the Gilroy area and have time for a meal (not a long drive from either Gilroy SC location).

BTW based on the apparently letter/numbering system of the SCs the two unmarked ones should be 2C and 2D (L to R facing them).

Last edited: