Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gilroy, CA (16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was there this morning when a couple of large PG&E trucks came rolling in. They had the new SC area blocked off with cones. Appears to be plenty of activity there today.

Woo hoo, that's good news! You never know with PG&E. It could have been weeks or longer before they got around to flipping the switch. Crossing my fingers it's in the next couple of weeks as I will be roadtripping southward just before the New Year.

I used one of the new Gilroy supercharger stalls today. Two others were also charging.

Woohoo!! :biggrin: Great news! That was the only Supercharger I ever had to wait in line for. Having those additional bays (what is it 6 more bays??) is such a long time coming.

Glad to see Tesla is also taking SC traffic into account and adjusting as necessary. I bet there may be a few other congested spots starting to materialize in the next year or so, and if Tesla responds like they did at Gilroy, I have faith that Tesla will expand them as needed.

Try again

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 346
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    861.9 KB · Views: 341
@ Larry, very nice pics, thanks for sharing, but boy, I have questions...

Looks like there are electrical stub-ups for FOUR MORE (future) Superchargers, with only two already in place (which are able to power 4 charging bays).
IF my understanding is correct, and there are 10 total existing Charging bays, so is there another existing electrical equipment area and charging bays beside the one shown?

I notice two standing ESVE chargers in the center, with stub-ups for 2 on the left, and 2 more on the right, The FOUR MORE future superchargers could power another 8 bays!!!, so this electrical equipment area could service a total of 12 total bays, not just 10.
It would be great to see photos of the rest of the entire area to see the greater/entire context....
I guess my biggest question is: how many actual bays are there NOW in Gilroy?
It looks like there are construction barricades (in the background) and something going on to divert traffic.

Additional Observations:
All the exposed rebar (on both of the long front and back areas) is poised for future CMU wall construction, and probably wood gates to secure the equipment area.
The disconnect boxes (on the outside) will be surface mounted to the front side, then the temporary framing members can be removed during the CMU wall construction.

There are 10 actual bays in Gilroy right now. There are four supercharger cabinets in that picture (two facing the other direction.). There are also two more supercharger cabinets a little ways away (not in the pictures), which were the original two, and power the four rightmost stalls. So there should be 12 stalls, it seems, but I couldn't find any evidence of the missing two stalls.

The bays to the right are the 90 KW and the others are the 120. I was charging somewhere around 375 mph if I remember correctly.

Since there are four cabinets, how do they feed 10 Supercharger bays?
Typically there is one cabinet charging 2 bays.
To me, four cabinets X 2 = eight bays....
Am I missing something?

I notice there is additional electrical equipment (and bollards) on the far right side of the picture #8...
...perhaps there is additional equipment there?

Since there are four cabinets, how do they feed 10 Supercharger bays?
Typically there is one cabinet charging 2 bays.
To me, four cabinets X 2 = eight bays....
Am I missing something?

I notice there is additional electrical equipment (and bollards) on the far right side of the picture #8...
...perhaps there is additional equipment there?

There are two additional cabinets in a different part of the lot, not far away, which feed the four rightmost stalls. These were the original two stalls, plus the first expansion of two more stalls.
IMG_0660.jpg
IMG_0661.jpg

There are two additional cabinets in a different part of the lot, not far away, which feed the four rightmost stalls. These were the original two stalls, plus the first expansion of two more stalls.
View attachment 39783View attachment 39784

Thanks for the additional pictures and descriptions.

Context is everything....
...I am finally...
...getting closer to understanding how Gilroy is set up, organized and is functioning.

So, the two older 90 kWh ESVE units on the far right, serve the 4 right hand charging stations.
The four (2 + 2) newer 120 kWh ESVE unit serve the 6 left hand charging stations.
Except four ESVEs would typically serve 8, not 6.
And there are clearly electrical stub-ups for four future (additional) ESVE pad on the left.
So: What function is the other cabinet actually performing?

Which would also mean that:
Two ESVE cabinets on the right could serve 4 charging stalls. check
Eight (total) ESVE cabinets on the left could serve 16 charging stalls. ????
Is there actually enough physical space to have that many (20 total) charging stalls at this location?

Maybe the two existing 90 kWh cabinets and the rest of that equipment gets de-comissioned and that entire electrical pod goes away...
And that area become additional space for future charging stations, so Gilroy is back down to a total of 16.
But then again, why did they install the protective pipe bollards?

Net effect: There are 10 existing charging stations.
There will be more bays, just not sure what the projected total number of charging stations may end up being.