Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Girard, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is under construction at the Shell travel center off I-80 in Girard. From what we know so far, 8 stalls are being added in the unpaved area adjacent to the onramp.

HT to @B_Energized (Twitter) for the pic

Attachments

• FOfsLvMXwAcnEl1.jpg
    FOfsLvMXwAcnEl1.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 375
Girard, OH

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Shell
Along Primary Interstates: I-80
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-422
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-80

To: Hermitage, PA - 16.3 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles
To: Grove City, PA - 33.2 miles

US-422 (West)

From: Start (US-6/US-20/US-42/US-322 Cleveland, OH) - 63.4 miles
To: End (US-219 Ebensburg, PA) - 124.4 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles

Another Supercharger on I-80 in Ohio, making travel easier, potentially avoiding significant diversions.

Also, the first Supercharger on the western US-422.

Reactions: Mukhster
Anyone know about the "New Springfield" charger that shows on the Tesla map? They say it is supposed to go on line in Q3 of this year. Maybe another one at the Ohio Turnpike service plaza? There are a pair of service plazas right at that location. The Turnpike's web page only discusses existing sites and not future sites.
I don't see anything on Supercharge.INFO map.

Reactions: Tezla041
Anyone know about the "New Springfield" charger that shows on the Tesla map? They say it is supposed to go on line in Q3 of this year. Maybe another one at the Ohio Turnpike service plaza? There are a pair of service plazas right at that location. The Turnpike's web page only discusses existing sites and not future sites.
I don't see anything on Supercharge.INFO map.
Ohio Turnpike Message about New Springfield Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 09.18.18.png

I've been wondering the same thing and I just contacted the Turnpike a few weeks ago, but didn't have a good place to share it. (See screenshot.) Basically they said they haven't been installed yet, but they'll update their website when they're up and running.

When I stopped by Girard before it opened, I planned on making a loop out to one or both of these service plazas, to see if any construction started. I didn't get to do that yet, I hope I can soon. Then hopefully we can get something added to supercharge.info also, because I'm surprised nothing is marked on the map yet.

I don't know how accurate this is, but it's the best information I found otherwise:

"This week, we found out that Tesla and the Turnpike Authority have reached an agreement to build Supercharging stations at a number of other plazas in the state.

These are the locations we know of so far:

• Tiffin River and Indian Meadow service plazas – West Unity
  • Great Lakes and Towpath service plazas – Broadview Heights
  • Mahoning Valley and Glacier Hills service plazas – New Springfield"

Very helpful! I was through there about 10 days ago. I ended up charging in Twinsburg. It would have been easier to just charge at the service plaza.
You're welcome! I'm glad Twinsburg worked for you and I agree, having a little stop in a service plaza will be awesome. Side thing: I've actually used the RV charging (after buying the overnight permit, $20 last year) to "camp" on my way to Cedar Point. That worked well and was a nice option using the NEMA 14-50 adapter.

Reactions: Crew Dragon