Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Glendale, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a large (16) Supercharger being constructed in Glendale AZ. I do not have the location but if someone can check for permits, we might find something. I will try and get more info also. Sounds like it is under construction already. I believe its going to be close to a new service center in Glendale, but not at the same site.

This charger is located at Westgate Shopping center in Glendale off the 101. Should be in site of the new service station. I believe next to Dutch Brothers. Maybe some can drive by and get some pictures. I guess they are having some issues with SRP on this one. Maybe some strategically placed calls to SRP can get them moving.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart and CO_MY
Found it! Yes, between Dutch Brothers and Dave N Busters.

16 V3 Chargers. FINALLY, Phoenix, only the 5th biggest city in the USA, gets it's very 1st V3 Charger! Hopefully this breaks the seal to a flood of new SCs so we can catch up to the rest of civilization with some decent V3 coverage!

It looks like they are very close together suggesting parking on both sides of the stalls. I assume once it's repaved and lines painted it will be easy to use the correct charger once you back in.

@MarcoRP @corywright

IMG_2139.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2138.JPG
    IMG_2138.JPG
    526.7 KB · Views: 107
Looks like my info was correct.
Found it! Yes, between Dutch Brothers and Dave N Busters.

16 V3 Chargers. FINALLY, Phoenix, only the 5th biggest city in the USA, gets it's very 1st V3 Charger! Hopefully this breaks the seal to a flood of new SCs so we can catch up to the rest of civilization with some decent V3 coverage!

It looks like they are very close together suggesting parking on both sides of the stalls. I assume once it's repaved and lines painted it will be easy to use the correct charger once you back in.

@MarcoRP @corywright

View attachment 777263

Looks like my info was correct. Not sure why it took so long for someone to get by there. Thanks for finding it :) Looks like nice-pull thru at the end.

Glendale, AZ

Host Type: Mall
Host: Westgate Entertainment District
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-60
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-60

To: Socorro, NM - 391.6 miles
Diversion: 6.6 miles
To: Amarillo - East, TX - 752.2 miles

A new v3 in the Phoenix area with a significant diversion from any major highway.
Maybe one for any apartment-dwelling local without access to home charging.

Reactions: Sasmania
Glendale, AZ

US-60

A new v3 in the Phoenix area with a significant diversion from any major highway.
In a metro area where it could be 60-70 miles from one corner to another (Surprise to East Mesa), the need is there for charging along the 101 and 202 loops, as well as the US60. I know quite a few who drive 150-200 miles on a given day and a quick 10 minutes at a V3 would be welcomed, especially in the heat of the summer when AC is cranking! I have no data to back it up, but I'd guess that the existing charger at the I-17/101 interchange in N Phoenix is utilized more by 101 traffic than I-17 travelers passing through town. Even more so now that New River exists.

Glendale, AZ

US-60

Yea, PHX is WAY behind just on infill for local users. It's literally the first V3 (along with only one V2), when hundreds of much smaller cities have many more V3s. We need 5+ more infill sites just to catch up to a typical similar-sized city.

This site is also near the State Farm Stadium that hosts huge events along with the NFL and runs along the 101 Loop which, while not an interstate, gets a ton of traffic.

Probably the most long-requested site with zero coverage now would be where the 101 & 202 meet in Chandler, or somewhere in the east valley. It's the running joke in the local Facebook groups... "What about the east valley" LOL

Yea, PHX is WAY behind just on infill for local users. It's literally the first V3 (along with only one V2), when hundreds of much smaller cities have many more V3s. We need 5+ more infill sites just to catch up to a typical similar-sized city.

This site is also near the State Farm Stadium that hosts huge events along with the NFL and runs along the 101 Loop which, while not an interstate, gets a ton of traffic.

Probably the most long-requested site with zero coverage now would be where the 101 & 202 meet in Chandler, or somewhere in the east valley. It's the running joke in the local Facebook groups... "What about the east valley" LOL
I believe there’s one being built in Chandler although no one‘s found it yet. Hope it’s close to I 10 and 202? Maybe:)

Reactions: Sasmania