Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Glendale, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WRT malls & shopping locations- I know this is SC heresy but I'd prefer slower chargers nearby the malls & such where you are going to stop and eat. Even with the 72kw chargers I have to move my car before dessert :) .

Like I last posted- I'm not feeling very sure about this info. I guess we'll see.

Reactions: vickh
WRT malls & shopping locations- I know this is SC heresy but I'd prefer slower chargers nearby the malls & such where you are going to stop and eat. Even with the 72kw chargers I have to move my car before dessert :) .

Like I last posted- I'm not feeling very sure about this info. I guess we'll see.

I hear ya. I wish there was a slower/cheaper option sometimes, but space is valuable too.

BTW We need a place up in Prescott too for us SR folks

Reactions: DeepBlueMN
I hear ya. I wish there was a slower/cheaper option sometimes, but space is valuable too.

BTW We need a place up in Prescott too for us SR folks
YES. FWIW- if you have CCS enabled there are 4 EA chargers now at Yavapai College. 2 are 150kw and 2 are 350kw but I think they split when 2 cars use the same pedestal. Also plenty of hotels with chargers. I have an untested CCS adapter just in case I need to ‘top off’ quickly, happy to lend it to someone if needed.

Reactions: vickh
YES. FWIW- if you have CCS enabled there are 4 EA chargers now at Yavapai College. 2 are 150kw and 2 are 350kw but I think they split when 2 cars use the same pedestal. Also plenty of hotels with chargers. I have an untested CCS adapter just in case I need to ‘top off’ quickly, happy to lend it to someone if needed.

GTK I have used hotel destination chargers but good to have options for day trips other than Cordes. Like getting out of the heat and I'm sure it's better for the car too while charging in 115 degrees

Looking for free/cheap options other than EA.

Reactions: PCTAZRichard
I've visited this location several times since it opened up and for some reason people at this charger have a problem of docking the NACS connector upside down. It just seems like you'd have to go out of your way to put it back upside down on the supercharger? I've never seen it happen anywhere else before. Anybody have an idea why this seems to happen all the time in Glendale? Is there just one or two people who charge there all the time and put them back upside down as a joke?

How do you dock it upside-down? I’ve seen people twist the cable a full turn, but I don’t understand how it could be upside-down.
I honestly have no idea. I think they just really shove it in there, and the shape is so wrong that it holds. I should've taken a picture. So strange that I've seen it there several times. Sometimes there are two that are upside down at a time too.

Charged here on a Wednesday midday. Site was less than half full. 4 stalls were coned off; not sure why. 1A, 1C, 1D, and 2A were coned off. 1B was in use. Makes no sense. This site does have the plastic guards that force users to select the correct cable pylon.