Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Glendale, CA - Harvey Dr (LIVE 25 Jan 2022, 16 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe I took a picture of the transformer pad. Should be just adjacent to the charging cabinets and switchgear. See older pic here:

20211125_153941.jpg

Drove by around 2 pm trying to get a burger and have a look at the progress of the install, saw the line to IN N Out drive-through line 5-6 cars deep on Harvey making a right into the lot. I didn't bother waiting in that line.

True, but some locations have city planning requirements for underground transformers. Pasadena's first supercharger, for example, has 1500+ kVA with an underground transformer.
I believe most of Pasadena falls into SCE territory not LADWP and SCE most certainly prefers above ground equipment so there are exceptions to the rule but I would expect this to be above ground just like normal installations.

I believe most of Pasadena falls into SCE territory not LADWP and SCE most certainly prefers above ground equipment so there are exceptions to the rule but I would expect this to be above ground just like normal installations.
Pasadena has their own municipal utility. But regardless of who is the utility, I think it ultimately comes down to city planning for the specific area.
Anyway, this install is going to be a normal pad-mount transformer, as @Limited mentioned, so I guess the mystery is solved.

I believe I took a picture of the transformer pad. Should be just adjacent to the charging cabinets and switchgear. See older pic here:

View attachment 748302

Despite the fence, the tall wall, and the rain I was able to get a peek inside the presumed future transformer location. No green transformer visible. Could this deep hole lead to a transformer vault?

As mentioned above, this lot can be quite a pain to enter during the day. In all my attempts to stop by to check progress I have waited through at least 3 light cycles while approaching from the South. Vehicles frequently cut the line from the South-bound left turn lane and block 1 ½ of the two North-bound lanes on Harvey.

IMG_6031.jpeg

Drove by around 2 pm trying to get a burger and have a look at the progress of the install, saw the line to IN N Out drive-through line 5-6 cars deep on Harvey making a right into the lot. I didn't bother waiting in that line.
Yeah, this is my local in n out that I frequent about once a month for the last 5 years. And any time between 11(when the lunch rush starts) and after 4pm (people picking up food after work before heading home) is a nightmare. Not to mention trying to get out of the parking lot since pretty much every car their is to get burgers. This is def a only in the morning or late night station for my use case.

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Yeah, this is my local in n out that I frequent about once a month for the last 5 years. And any time between 11(when the lunch rush starts) and after 4pm (people picking up food after work before heading home) is a nightmare. Not to mention trying to get out of the parking lot since pretty much every car their is to get burgers. This is def a only in the morning or late night station for my use case.
I can't remember the last time I waited in line and actually got in the parking lot. It's good to know that it is also hard to get out once you are in! lol Thanks for the tip. This is a great location and right off of the 134 but may have to hit it early or late in the day.