Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Glendale, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0CE34C1F-17E8-40AF-A573-5F3584A02ACA.jpeg

@Chuq @tes-s

Not quite, the JFK Supercharger is totally free to park.

Also, currently the red dot is in the street address of the mall, but I gather it is actually in one of the two parking structures. Can one of the locals provide instructions how to get to the superchargers and exact coordinates for supercharge.info?

Ah I forgot about JFK (after recently using it)!
For some reason it didn't click as being "in NYC" in my mind, haha.
Anyway for most of us driving out to JFK is probably quite a bit further than all the Urban Superchargers.
Very happy to see Brooklyn & Queens getting filled in nicely.. looking forward to Gowanus next.

This is kind of an odd place for a supercharger. Don’t get me wrong, it is really convenient for me as my office is only blocks away. I have a charger there, but occasionally I need a quick charge if on the road all day.

Anyway, this location is not really near any major highway, except the Jackie Robinson, but no one would be going through NYC on the Jackie. It ends in the middle of Brooklyn, and was probably one of the worst planned roads every designed, but I digress. The only reason to put this there is if they expect people are going to have electric cars that live in apartments or houses with no garage. They could go to the mall to charge and this is that type of area. Unfortunately, there is no supermarket in Atlas Park, at least not yet.

This is kind of an odd place for a supercharger. Don’t get me wrong, it is really convenient for me as my office is only blocks away. I have a charger there, but occasionally I need a quick charge if on the road all day.

Anyway, this location is not really near any major highway, except the Jackie Robinson, but no one would be going through NYC on the Jackie. It ends in the middle of Brooklyn, and was probably one of the worst planned roads every designed, but I digress. The only reason to put this there is if they expect people are going to have electric cars that live in apartments or houses with no garage. They could go to the mall to charge and this is that type of area. Unfortunately, there is no supermarket in Atlas Park, at least not yet.

This is an urban supercharger, it is intended to be used by locals without home charging. Except for JFK, all the superchargers in NYC are urban, as no sane long distance traveller will pass through it.

This is an urban supercharger, it is intended to be used by locals without home charging. Except for JFK, all the superchargers in NYC are urban, as no sane long distance traveller will pass through it.

I see your point. However, with the exceptions of supermarkets or gyms, that people visit regularly, I can't see these "urban" superchargers working out. With places people go regularly, I understand it. Shop for food or get a workout while your car charges. Makes sense. I love my Tesla, but I cannot imagine owning it if I lived in an apartment without a place to charge overnight. to have to go to the mall once or twice a week and sit there for up to an hour is no fun. No one shops retail anymore with Amazon, at least not regularly.

BTW, there is a gym in this mall but it is awful. I was a member for years and it is in terrible disrepair. Also, I don't go to gyms where I have to pay for parking to get a workout in.