Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Glenview, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone, just wanted to pop into this thread with some updated info. Tesla is expecting construction of the site to be completed by 4/16, and after a voltage check and final inspection, the chargers should be open to users by 4/20. I could try to confirm other bits of info if anyone was interested.

Also, really appreciate all the nice things said about Abt in this thread!

Thanks for the update. Are the spots going to be watched for non-Tesla vehicles? I don't expect issues this far out from the city but you never know.

PS. How about a Tesla owners discount in store? ;)

Are the spots going to be watched for non-Tesla vehicles?

That's something we'll probably address if it ever becomes a problem. We have a pair of ChargePoint plugs in front of the store, so we assume most other EV drivers will continue to use those. But it's something to consider, so thanks for bringing it up.

And (as you probably know), we're all about making deals here :D

Reactions: Bikeman and Olds442
That's something we'll probably address if it ever becomes a problem. We have a pair of ChargePoint plugs in front of the store, so we assume most other EV drivers will continue to use those. But it's something to consider, so thanks for bringing it up.

And (as you probably know), we're all about making deals here :D

Lived in Chicago for a decade and never made it in to an Abt. I'll definitely be supporting you guys from now on. Thrilled to see such enthusiasm from a local shop.

Hey Everyone, just wanted to pop into this thread with some updated info. Tesla is expecting construction of the site to be completed by 4/16, and after a voltage check and final inspection, the chargers should be open to users by 4/20.
I drove by this location on Monday and would be absolutely shocked if it were opened this week. Based on experience following supercharger build-outs, I would have guessed they were weeks or even months away from opening, but I do appreciate the optimism. And I of course appreciate that you're hosting a supercharger!

I drove by this location on Monday and would be absolutely shocked if it were opened this week. Based on experience following supercharger build-outs, I would have guessed they were weeks or even months away from opening, but I do appreciate the optimism. And I of course appreciate that you're hosting a supercharger!

I thought the same thing on Monday, especially with the weather but landscaping looked close to done as of last night.

What's still missing? 5 April pic shows transformer, chargers, pedestals & signage all complete. Another poster mentioned landscaping was close to done. Seems like we're just waiting on inspections & final check-out.

What's still missing? 5 April pic shows transformer, chargers, pedestals & signage all complete. Another poster mentioned landscaping was close to done. Seems like we're just waiting on inspections & final check-out.
Hey man. I hope to be proven wrong! If the landscaping is done, that's a huge improvement. Was all fenced off and in complete disarray on Monday.

Lived in Chicago for a decade and never made it in to an Abt. I'll definitely be supporting you guys from now on. Thrilled to see such enthusiasm from a local shop.

Cheers, Hobapolis! Even if you don't have any shopping to do, it's a spectacle to behold. Something new every day, it seems. Hope you can visit some day soon.

Excellent (if unintentional) pun. I'm waiting to hear back from Tesla, but as of 4/09, they had power switched on, and last word I'd heard was: "in the process of confirming the voltage. Once this is confirmed, we will give one final inspection and commission the site. If all goes as planned, the site should be ready and open to the public by 4/20"

So barring any major problems, worst case scenario is probably EOM, but hopefully open within days. Will update when I get definite word.

Got a chance to speak to the landscaper on Tuesday, and the weather has definitely been a pain in the butt. He told me that their "done by" date was 4/29. So it may look a little messy even after it's fully operational.

Attached a couple of pics of the site as of about an hour ago.

Also, while not entirely related, I thought you guys might be interested to know that we also have a Powerpack array. Last summer we had ten installed—they currently serve as backup-backup for our IT department. Some pics from the day they were installed: Tesla Powerpacks! | The Bolt

Attachments

• P1780585.jpg
    P1780585.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
  • P1780588.jpg
    P1780588.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 110
So with the urban chargers how fast will a 2015 85D charge up when near empty? How many miles per hour? How does that compare with the standard SuperCharger? Does it matter if you have 1 or 2 onboard chargers?

I would guess 1.5 hours from close to empty. Regarding chargers, Superchargers are DC charging which does not utilize the onboard chargers. So it doesn't matter if you have a 1 or 2.

Home Charging Installation

Exit willow road from 294 and it’s not TOO far. Worth it IMO just to check out ABT if you’ve never been. After charging check out Fish on Fire just north in Milwaukee in the asian-dominated strip mall across from the diner. Great sushi there.

Stopped by last night to test speed. Higher than I've gotten at Skokie. Actually hit 74kW for a couple seconds.
abtsc.jpg

Exit willow road from 294 and it’s not TOO far. Worth it IMO just to check out ABT if you’ve never been. After charging check out Fish on Fire just north in Milwaukee in the asian-dominated strip mall across from the diner. Great sushi there.

Have you been to Soupbelly? Any good? Been wanting to try it for awhile.