Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gloucester, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
There should be a new supercharger coming sometime this year to the Gloucester Commons shopping plaza. The Gloucester pin was added to Tesla's map this year and this is the location Tesla has in mind. Discussion are already underway. If not for some issues that need to be worked out, construction could have already begun by now (but has not).

Not clear when the site issues Tesla is working will be resolved, but this one could happen sometime this summer potentially.

Updated information on this site. It will be an 8 stall V3 (current default for V3). It will be located at 42°37'24.3"N 70°39'16.2"W and is already permitted as of 1/04/21 (BLD-20-757) with permitted construction to commence by 7/4/21. There may still be ongoing negotiations before it's cleared to start (not sure), and of course subject to contractor and utility availability.

Site plan attached.

@MarcoRP

Attachments

• Gloucester_MA_CD100_TRT-15217_Rev-0_12-11-20_Mon_Dec_21_2020_07-45-02.pdf
    6.4 MB · Views: 114
  • Gloucester Building Permit.pdf
    698.8 KB · Views: 170
Updated information on this site. It will be an 8 stall V3 (current default for V3). It will be located at 42°37'24.3"N 70°39'16.2"W and is already permitted as of 1/04/21 (BLD-20-757) with permitted construction to commence by 7/4/21. There may still be ongoing negotiations before it's cleared to start (not sure), and of course subject to contractor and utility availability.

Site plan attached.

@MarcoRP
This building permit expired last week. Did any construction commence before then to keep the permit alive?

I last checked it sometime late in August (didn't post an update). The "coming soon" date for Gloucester was pushed from Q4'21 to Q2'22 at the end of July. Given the number o Q4 locations in the coming soon map, it seems likely we wont see this site until spring/summer next year. Not sure if the delays are contractor availability, or perhaps negotiations with the property owner/tenant regarding the planned location.

Reactions: kayak1
Presumably, but until construction starts we don't know. The building permit issued for the project technically expired in July. Not sure if that's enforced. It's possible Tesla is working with the property owner to move the installation elsewhere in the parking lot to appease a tenant that didn't want the spots designated for the supercharger taken away from their customers.

There should be a new supercharger coming sometime this year to the Gloucester Commons shopping plaza. The Gloucester pin was added to Tesla's map this year and this is the location Tesla has in mind. Discussion are already underway. If not for some issues that need to be worked out, construction could have already begun by now (but has not).

Not clear when the site issues Tesla is working will be resolved, but this one could happen sometime this summer potentially.
Any update on status of SC? Has construction started? Vacation in Rockport this summer. Would be nice to have operational.

Any update on status of SC? Has construction started? Vacation in Rockport this summer. Would be nice to have operational.
Tesla's coming soon target moved from this summer to 2023. That doesn't mean the project is dead, or won't start sooner. But I think it suggests that there have been complications in where Tesla had received the permit to install it and Tesla had to restart the planning process.

I too have ties to Rockport and am following this location very closely.

Reactions: kayak1
Tesla's coming soon target moved from this summer to 2023. That doesn't mean the project is dead, or won't start sooner. But I think it suggests that there have been complications in where Tesla had received the permit to install it and Tesla had to restart the planning process.

I too have ties to Rockport and am following this location very closely.
Thanks for the update. I’m coming from upstate NY so I can charge at Lynnfield sc on the way up.

Update on Gloucester: The original building permit has been stopped and replacement permit BLD-22-338 issued today to a new contractor (the same one that just finished Burlington, MA). In a letter to the city requesting the permit transfer Tesla stated "Construction did not start in 2021 due to delays related to the COVID 19 pandemic causing supply chain issues for Tesla".

I'm told this site is ready to go and that construction should begin shortly!

Site planning artwork. No digsafe markings yet. Soon….
12E37CBD-B19B-4147-AE35-7F7FF08DE678.jpeg
BECD90CB-AA56-4C61-8806-25840CF3727C.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9 and kayak1
Site work underway. Contractor mentioned some of the trenching is a bit tricky with a gas line and fiber running close nearby. Expected it could take 3-4 weeks to complete other than utility work which sounds about right. Tesla equipment not yet on-site.

These guys are commuting in daily to the job site unlike some of the other companies with projects in the area, some of whom are hoteling for the work week.
588FCDEE-DC0B-4E0C-B3AB-BE5A3CDFD64E.jpeg