Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gloucester, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There were electricians working at the site today. It’s coming along…

D89CD9A8-8337-4EB0-9EDE-6E7BD873E1ED.jpeg

Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
Nice - and at least the first half of the trench appears to have been patched too. Depending on the rest of the trench work, this site may actually be done (excluding utility work) by the middle of next week. National Grid work is really hard to predict - it could take a while (or not).

Reactions: kayak1
Update appreciated. FYI: the utility transformer (big green box) is not yet on site. It was the Tesla switching cabinet and two supercharger cabinets that were mounted on their pads in this photo.
Thanks for the clarification! This is the first installation that I have followed. We are back in Albany now. Charged at the YMCA and downtown while in Gloucester. It was manageable. Will be much easier next visit with the SC available.

Reactions: Tdreamer and kayak1
Correct - work by National Grid to install and connect the transformer is outstanding. Not sure if that's in any way more time consuming given they are tapping off the existing transformer on the side of the building.

I think the contractor also needs to come back and seal-coat the area and stripe it too. But other than that, the site looks done - faster than I expected.

The utility work can take a while (or happen quickly I should add). I'm going with it taking a while personally.

It would be nice if they now move on to Newton, MA!
No sign of a supercharger permit yet for the Newton, MA 128 rest area - just the original DCFC permit to get the power to the site.

The company that pulled the permit for the DCFC work in Newton is currently down in Connecticut installing DCFC's in the Fairfield I-95 rest stop.

I've heard rumors that the holdup for the supercharger project in Newton could be related to getting a lease completed. Have no info either way on the status of that, but Gloucester does appear to be mostly done and the contractor has moved on.

• Informative