Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Golden, BC Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
63EAA60E-3033-4F1E-87F8-2B4B3991A437.jpeg
Another busy supercharging session at Golden.

Reactions: PStewart
View attachment 425672 Another busy supercharging session at Golden.

I've only charged there once and we were the only ones then too (though this was April). I've since charged in Revy several times and that place is ALWAYS busy; often 3, sometimes full with cars trolling through the lot looking for openings. I think they need a few more stalls there at least.

Do most people skip Golden going from Revy to Canmore??

I've only charged there once and we were the only ones then too (though this was April). I've since charged in Revy several times and that place is ALWAYS busy; often 3, sometimes full with cars trolling through the lot looking for openings. I think they need a few more stalls there at least.

Just curious - how does the Autopilot behaveon winding mountain roads? Is it smart enough to slow down on curves?

Just curious - how does the Autopilot behaveon winding mountain roads? Is it smart enough to slow down on curves?

Works great and slows appropriately for curves, provided there are decent lines on the road. When I did Rogers Pass back in April, the lines had disappeared for large portions of the route due to the winter salt, so those areas I had to take over.

This comment implies you don't own one? Yes of course, when the camera sees the angles of the painted lines bend it adjusts the speed, sometimes too much, in which case you can just keep your foot on the accelerator to bring up the speed to a more acceptable level. But not always.

But why on earth would someone not want to drive this car on a twisty mountain road?

Going back yes I skipped Golden and drove straight from Canmore to Revelstoke.

The reason I ask is because I have experiences watching the car do slightly over the speed limit on EAP particularly on icy roads and some curves. We don’t have a lot of extreme curvy roads on the prairies and without super chargers my experiences are limited to in and around the urban area. I was just wondering if it had the sense to slow down in the tight turns.

The reason I ask is because I have experiences watching the car do slightly over the speed limit on EAP particularly on icy roads and some curves. We don’t have a lot of extreme curvy roads on the prairies and without super chargers my experiences are limited to in and around the urban area. I was just wondering if it had the sense to slow down in the tight turns.

I see where you coming from; sorry I should have figured that out. It does it (slow down on tight corners) with TACC as well. I am sure there are tons of YouTube videos showing this; with one camera view on the road and the other on the cluster.

I don’t think anyone should be in the habit of using anything other than manual driving when roads are icy however.

Has anyone been here lately? No stall info shows up from the Tesla map and A Better Route Planner shows the four stalls as unavailable. Just wondering if the site is offline and not available for supercharging or whether there is just no data available. Taking a trip through and would be quite concerning and will need to find alternate charging around here.

Has anyone been here lately? No stall info shows up from the Tesla map and A Better Route Planner shows the four stalls as unavailable. Just wondering if the site is offline and not available for supercharging or whether there is just no data available. Taking a trip through and would be quite concerning and will need to find alternate charging around here.
There's a check-in on PlugShare from 3 days ago that says 2 of 4 chargers are working.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart