Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Goldsboro, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like I've seen one 150kw in the past 3 months or so, but I can't remember where. It was an outlier, though, as I see very few that aren't 250kw here in the US.

Eve the 72kw urban setups seem rate by comparison.
These 150kW ones are stations that have been stuck in construction for a very long time.
All new builds have been 250kW or the urban style 72kW stations.

Super Chargers all have battery stations so they can function during power outages, at least for a while. (They also sort of act as giant capacitors and help smooth out the load)
That is the end goal, but as of today (12/2020) there are still only a handful of supercharging stations that have battery packs, that is why that person asked to clarify about the batteries.

Did you actually see Tesla battery packs being installed?

Yeah it's been good. They often have a section of parking spots that rarely get used - might as well have a captive audience. I wonder if they've started doing Electrify America installs as well.
Yeah EVs have kinda worked out perfect for them. They bank on people going in for something while filling gas but not many people actually do that since it's so quick and most pay with card.

EVs on the other hand; they've got you pretty much stuck there for at least 10 minutes. More then enough time to think about getting a drink or something.

That is the end goal, but as of today (12/2020) there are still only a handful of supercharging stations that have battery packs, that is why that person asked to clarify about the batteries.

Did you actually see Tesla battery packs being installed?
I saw them installing some large electrical equipment in dedicated boxes that looked like they could've been. I haven't been back to that Sheetz to check though.

Super Chargers all have battery stations so they can function during power outages, at least for a while. (They also sort of act as giant capacitors and help smooth out the load)
Almost no supercharger stations have attached batteries. There are close to 1000 supercharger stations in the US, and maybe 20 of them have connected batteries.