Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Goleta, CA (LIVE 6 May 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ran into a Model 3 there, the owner was having problems getting her car to charge. Actually I was, I was trying to plug her in after I was done and it wouldn't start, but I had a card in my window saying what time I'd be done, so she showed up at that time.

She thought it was her car, right before we were going to try my adapter it came on. She didn't clean anything, just got in and out of the car a few times and then it seemed to work. I thought it kind of odd.

I think 4/5 times I leave mine for someone else to plug in, and I'd never thought of looking at the connection to see if it was clean. Will now, when ii can.

Should put a note on the charger saying to inspect the connector before use. These connectors do have a connect - disconnect lifetime. The charger is owned and maintained by Tesla and the service person is Theo Howe of Howe Electric. He won't do any work without a PO from Tesla.

I meant to send a message rather than post, sorry. To make up for it I'll post a couple of pics from today. They were making a walkway through it. There are twelve pipes like the one shown, one pad still awaiting equipment, and the two pads near the Marketplace entrance. Someone was building an enclosure for those pads today, but still no equipment.

I posted before about what is and is not Santa Barbara, the sign says Santa Barbara, it is not, it's Goleta. Zip code is right, though:)

IMG_7238.jpg
IMG_7238-1.jpg

IMG_7239.jpg

Well, for any locals.....one of my friends with a Tesla texted me, said hey, did you know there is a Supercharger going in at Camino Real. I did, how do you know. i saw it. You saw it, what do you mean? After several back and forths, it turns out they took the fence down on the side where the twelve pipes are coming up from the ground. So at least for now, if you want to see it, just drive in to the center, go straight, look left.

I meant to send a message rather than post, sorry. To make up for it I'll post a couple of pics from today. They were making a walkway through it. There are twelve pipes like the one shown, one pad still awaiting equipment, and the two pads near the Marketplace entrance. Someone was building an enclosure for those pads today, but still no equipment.

I posted before about what is and is not Santa Barbara, the sign says Santa Barbara, it is not, it's Goleta. Zip code is right, though:)

View attachment 518021 View attachment 518023
View attachment 518024
Nice Pictures!

Well, for any locals.....one of my friends with a Tesla texted me, said hey, did you know there is a Supercharger going in at Camino Real. I did, how do you know. i saw it. You saw it, what do you mean? After several back and forths, it turns out they took the fence down on the side where the twelve pipes are coming up from the ground. So at least for now, if you want to see it, just drive in to the center, go straight, look left.
I stopped by Camino Real Marketplace to get something to eat (On the Alley breakfast burritos are delicious), and snapped a picture.
0E26D748-0AFF-497D-83A6-6848DF996175.jpeg

(Sorry about the sideways image. I’ll fix it when I get to something with a larger screen than my phone)

Reactions: goletaspring
Well, redundant as they may be, here are some pictures from today around 4:30. There was still at least one tradesman on the job. Some concrete work at the Hollister entrance, but no sign of any equipment there (last picture).

For those betting on 1 Apr, that might be a tad aggressive given the Hollister entrance progress (or lack there of). And we have some serious rain predicted for Mon, Tues, Wed.

C307AA04-CBE9-4054-8DA4-64D987C6A280.jpeg
C12398CA-AE40-43EF-83BD-A00BADF16439.jpeg
6C8D33D1-4CD4-44ED-B196-04EE484A7FE0.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9
Well, redundant as they may be, here are some pictures from today around 4:30. There was still at least one tradesman on the job. Some concrete work at the Hollister entrance, but no sign of any equipment there (last picture).

For those betting on 1 Apr, that might be a tad aggressive given the Hollister entrance progress (or lack there of). And we have some serious rain predicted for Mon, Tues, Wed.

View attachment 518909 View attachment 518910 View attachment 518911
why do we all think this masonry enclosure is for the supercharger build?