Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Goleta, CA (LIVE 6 May 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought at one time I saw a full house, but at least two of the stations have been down for a long time.

Yesterday was the first time I saw a line, it was a mess. Farmers market was there, so everyone driving through the parking lot had to go past the chargers, at least one of them. You needed to form a line without blocking traffic. The line was some cars parked in front of the stalls, and cars waiting on either side. You couldn't tell who had been waiting longer.

When I got there there was only one car waiting on one side, the entry to the marketplace side, so I got behind him. When a space opened, I had to back up to let him get in. Right when I did that a car pulled around from the other side, and when I again pulled around in front of the station from the opposite side to him back to where I had been waiting in the first place, he thought he was ahead of me because it looked like I was just coming in.

There was a white Model X backed in to a live stall not plugged in for at least two hours, still there when I left, no idea what he/she was thinking

For whatever reason I don't think it ever accurately reports what is there.

There are three or four stations that have either never worked or have not for the last few months, I have never seen an accurate reporting of how many stations are open based on me sitting here and checking. I have seen it shown as closed twice, it was not closed either time.

Site shows temporarily closed, reduced service. Tesla service is on site and said all chargers are open except the first 4.

Rare photo. This site is usually jammed.

Edit: 12 min later, two more cars charging.

86199E47-7C14-4411-9E93-34707B25717F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottRoberts33
Site shows temporarily closed, reduced service. Tesla service is on site and said all chargers are open except the first 4.

Rare photo. This site is usually jammed.

Edit: 12 min later, two more cars charging.

View attachment 602569

Woot, we were there on Monday too around 12 to 1pm. The Tesla van was parked at the same place, and there was one other car there charging. We parked there to charge and went to shopping at Home Goods and Costco. When we left the Tesla van just drove away and there were 4 Tesla's charging there.

Reactions: goldengate
Sooooooo................anyone know what all the digging is about in front of this? Green fenced area, deep holes, long trench, L x W about the same as what's already there. Just asking. I heard about it, saw it tonight, looks really familiar but no equipment around except a couple of backhoes inside the dig area. Could be anything, they dig up the parking lot here all the time, well, maybe not, but still could be anything.

Reactions: goldengate
Sooooooo................anyone know what all the digging is about in front of this?

Sure looks like more chargers. I went over this morning when it was showing 6 avail. Was only there 30 mins, but after 15 min it was full with at least one waiting and another that circled and left.

Odd arrangement for the new stalls... is the platform at the south end for new transformers? Ignoring the platform, I counted 6 new stalls.... maybe more.

I looked at it tonight, I can't imagine it's not a Tesla build. Six would be odd, but if you look at it, it looks like it might be 12, six on each side back to back. 12 would make sense, three cabinets to run it. No Tesla equipment to be found anywhere yet, though.

@MarcoRP it sure looks like Goleta is expanding, if/when I see any Tesla equipment in here I'll let you know. The 12 existing stalls are directly behind this area, it's actually a little work to pull into the stalls with the fencing there.

IMG_8493.jpg
IMG_8494.jpg

Last edited:
I looked at it tonight, I can't imagine it's not a Tesla build. Six would be odd, but if you look at it, it looks like it might be 12, six on each side back to back. 12 would make sense, three cabinets to run it. No Tesla equipment to be found anywhere yet, though.

@MarcoRP it sure looks like Goleta is expanding, if/when I see any Tesla equipment in here I'll let you know. The 12 existing stalls are directly behind this area, it's actually a little work to pull into the stalls with the fencing there.
I'm looking at the arrangement of conduits coming out of the ground where you say the stalls are (top photo). Those don't look consistent with Tesla Superchargers, or at least not with the pre-cast concrete Supercharger bases we have seen in many other sites. I would tentatively guess that those are some other type/brand of EV charging stations.

Happy to be proven wrong...but just don't get your hopes up too early.

Bruce.

I'm looking at the arrangement of conduits coming out of the ground where you say the stalls are (top photo). Those don't look consistent with Tesla Superchargers, or at least not with the pre-cast concrete Supercharger bases we have seen in many other sites. I would tentatively guess that those are some other type/brand of EV charging stations.

Bruce.
You may be right. Check out my post Feb of 2020 on page 10 of this thread. Only a single tube per station.

Bruce.
My real hope is that it's a Rivian build:)

I was going to go have a look at the Santa Barbara build, there are 16 going in about five or six miles from here, and see what the conduits look like. They are going pretty fast, and I've been gone for a week, might be too late.

If I were the stores in front of this, I'd be really unhappy. They lose the majority of their parking, Sketchers and Tilly's, I don't know what Tilly's is, but I doubt many people go shoe shopping while charging. If they were restaurants they'd be ecstatic I'll bet, that's where you see most people heading here, them and Starbucks.

Edit - EA would be good, too. I obviously don't have it yet but one thing I was not looking forward to with the Rivian is charging a 400+ mile battery at my house all the time.

There is a single DC fast charger at Costco, it's walking distance from all this, no idea how fast, it was broken when I tried to try it. I don't know who owns it, but it's not EA.

Last edited: