Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gothenburg, NE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More progress. First 2 pics today. Last from wed. Things are moving quickly. People were working till sunset tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_1847.JPG
    IMG_1847.JPG
    535.7 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_1848.JPG
    IMG_1848.JPG
    503.6 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1844.JPG
    IMG_1844.JPG
    498 KB · Views: 184
On usual good authority..this from my 'inside' information:

All

Great news!!

The Tesla Supercharger in Gothenburg is completed and will be used by Tesla to charge on Wednesday, November 30th.

Gothenburg is the first Supercharger in Nebraska to go active and be available to use to charge !!!

There will be a ribbon cutting celebration at 10 AM on Wednesday morning December 7, 2016

by Diana and Terry, the hosts of the Supercharger at the Comfort Suites and the Barn and Grill.

It would be great if you could attend with your Tesla on Wednesday to provide a show of support at the start of the I-80 Supercharger Superhighway in Nebraska.

There will also be a parade of lights in downtown Gothenburg the night before on December 6. If you want to drive in the parade, let me know and I will let them know.

Please tell any other Tesla drivers that you know and invite them to participate too.

Hope to see you there!!​

That's a real feather in the cap of Gothenburg! Thanks for your support!

On usual good authority..this from my 'inside' information:

All

Great news!!

The Tesla Supercharger in Gothenburg is completed and will be used by Tesla to charge on Wednesday, November 30th.

Gothenburg is the first Supercharger in Nebraska to go active and be available to use to charge !!!

There will be a ribbon cutting celebration at 10 AM on Wednesday morning December 7, 2016

by Diana and Terry, the hosts of the Supercharger at the Comfort Suites and the Barn and Grill.

It would be great if you could attend with your Tesla on Wednesday to provide a show of support at the start of the I-80 Supercharger Superhighway in Nebraska.

There will also be a parade of lights in downtown Gothenburg the night before on December 6. If you want to drive in the parade, let me know and I will let them know.

Please tell any other Tesla drivers that you know and invite them to participate too.

Hope to see you there!!​

That's a real feather in the cap of Gothenburg! Thanks for your support!
Looks ready to me, also.

Attachments

• IMG_1857.JPG
    IMG_1857.JPG
    319.9 KB · Views: 104
When this one opens, it will be possible to drive across NE using superchargers in an 85+. Although this time of year, it probably would need to be a sunny and warm ish day along with slow speeds of course :)

Now they just need to put one in Rock Springs, WY. That would make all of I-80 possible, although fairly difficult in 4 or 5 places.

PlusEV, they ought to put one at Rawlins--right at the intersection of i80 and 287. Then you'd be in good shape. But in a couple of months you'll be able to cross Nebraska with no problem. What are your misgivings for getting to Rock Springs? What are the 4 or 5 places that might be a problem? Is it the altitude gain?

PlusEV, they ought to put one at Rawlins--right at the intersection of i80 and 287. Then you'd be in good shape. But in a couple of months you'll be able to cross Nebraska with no problem. What are your misgivings for getting to Rock Springs? What are the 4 or 5 places that might be a problem? Is it the altitude gain?

No, I just meant that Rock Springs was the only one needed in order to cross the country on I-80 now. But yes, when they build out I-80 through Wyoming, Rawlins, Rock Springs and Evanston would be the obvious locations and then maybe one in Laramie as well.

Evanston too close to SLC. Little America would be a better choice as it is a classy resort-style RV/truckstop. Then Rock Springs and Rawlins going eastbound on I-80.

For Nebraska we need Sidney, a major watering hole.
--

Evanston too close to SLC. Little America would be a better choice as it is a classy resort-style RV/truckstop. Then Rock Springs and Rawlins going eastbound on I-80.

For Nebraska we need Sidney, a major watering hole.
--

Evanston is much closer to the mid point between Rock Springs and SLC than Little America. Also I believe there is a dot on the 2016 map at Evanston (as well as Sidney).