Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Granada Hills, CA (LIVE 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still wonder why they list this Supercharger location at 10823 Zelzah, when it's actually 10801 Lindley Ave. I realize it's part of the shopping mall on Zelzah but I'm sure it would be easier to find if they listed it on Lindley.

Yes, my car shows that I am going to Jenny Craig when I select that Supercharging station! Ha ha ha! They need to update their address database.

How do regular people find out about these things being built??

Uh, Tesla owners aren't regular people? Tesla owners are more likely than Toyota owners to read forums?

Or maybe just because the car tells the owner where it is? Oh look a new red supercharger icon! :)

Living in the area, I don't find it surprising at all. Before the pandemic the Volta chargers at the new Whole Foods were NEVER available. I see more Teslas driving around this area of the valley than I do BMWs. Tesla must know where their owners are and it's likely that this location provided a good owner to cost ratio (as opposed to the south valley where land is at a higher premium).

And frankly it's nice to see the north valley get some love. The south valley has hogged all the good stuff for decades.

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
95231C21-204C-43EB-A66A-8CB920B00FA7.jpeg

Station full, 3 in line

Attachments

• 1E1163F3-75F6-442E-BC1A-C77067005264.jpeg
    1E1163F3-75F6-442E-BC1A-C77067005264.jpeg
    502 KB · Views: 128
This V3 Supercharger might as well be V1-72 KW because every time I charge here its is very slow, that's why there is usually a wait here and it backs up. If I go to the Santa Clarita location that is blazing fast 800-1000 mph or even Simi Valley is good also. But this is convenient for me so I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait, but something needs to be done here to speed these up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210124-215007_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210124-215007_Gallery.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 93
4 car wait the other day and I kept driving. They underestimated this location and the speed needs to be bumped up. My 16' Model S is charging at the same speed as these newer Model 3 and Ys. We need more charging stations in the valley, period!

They underestimated this location

How do you know that? Maybe that is the maximum number of stalls they could get rights to in the area. Maybe that is all the power available from the power company for that site.

It isn't like they can just come in and say "we are installing a 50 stall site in your parking lot like it or not." Or do you happen to own/control a parking lot there that you will let them use to install more Supercharger stalls? :rolleyes:

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
How do you know that? Maybe that is the maximum number of stalls they could get rights to in the area. Maybe that is all the power available from the power company for that site.

It isn't like they can just come in and say "we are installing a 50 stall site in your parking lot like it or not." Or do you happen to own/control a parking lot there that you will let them use to install more Supercharger stalls? :rolleyes:

OK, pump the breaks Captain! I am not putting Tesla down, I love them I am just saying it is a very busy station for just opening up. Regarding power that is not an issue they can always bring more power in and the number of stalls it's up to Tesla and how much they want to pay the owner there for more space.

Once more people discover it there will be a line around the block to charge. It's going to look like an In-N-Out Burger line. To be honest they just need more Supercharging stations around the valley. I must see over two dozen Tesla's driving just driving 25 miles to work. I would love to know how many Tesla's are owned in the valley. It must be 10,000 or more.

the number of stalls it's up to Tesla and how much they want to pay the owner there for more space.

But that isn't true. City/County/State laws/regulations, and sometimes contracts with tenants, dictate how many parking spaces are required to be available for the businesses the parking lots serve. In some cases there literally are 0 additional parking spaces available for Tesla, or any other charging provider, to utilize in a given parking lot. (I don't know if that applies to this particular lot or not.)

Reactions: bmah
Why not destination chargers fashioned as lamposts along curbs as parking spaces? Less cost, simpler regulatory requirements. Most people are not traveling 300 miles and require a fully charged battery immediately.
Superchargers should be used mostly for long distance travel. Having the ability to plug in to a lower charge rate suits most needs. Thus more locations. It would especially suit those who do not have 'home garage/work charge' capability.

Why not destination chargers fashioned as lamposts along curbs as parking spaces? Less cost, simpler regulatory requirements. Most people are not traveling 300 miles and require a fully charged battery immediately.
Superchargers should be used mostly for long distance travel. Having the ability to plug in to a lower charge rate suits most needs. Thus more locations. It would especially suit those who do not have 'home garage/work charge' capability.
This is slowly happening now. I am seeing a number of these in the L.A. area, though seemingly random. I have not heard of a master plan to adopt this. This will have to become pervasive over the upcoming 10 years if Newsom's plan is to be realized, along with expanding electron production.

This is slowly happening now. I am seeing a number of these in the L.A. area, though seemingly random. I have not heard of a master plan to adopt this. This will have to become pervasive over the upcoming 10 years if Newsom's plan is to be realized, along with expanding electron production.

Yes, except most of them are vandalized. I have two by my work and the cables were torn of by tweekers for the copper. The other issue is people with ICE cars are parked in front of them all the time (no signs). There was a new one put in on Topanga Cyn that had an EV only parking sign next to it. A few months later the sign was torn off and now you can't charge there because there is always an ICE car parked in front of it. Very frustrating!!

But that isn't true. City/County/State laws/regulations, and sometimes contracts with tenants, dictate how many parking spaces are required to be available for the businesses the parking lots serve. In some cases there literally are 0 additional parking spaces available for Tesla, or any other charging provider, to utilize in a given parking lot. (I don't know if that applies to this particular lot or not.)

Yes, of course there City/County restrictions and we will never know in this case but my main point here is there are a tons of Teslas in the valley and this is the only Supercharging station in the entire valley now and it is far North and out of the way. Why not build one in the middle of the valley for everyone.