Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Granada Hills, CA (LIVE 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Transformer is installed from what I’ve heard!
Nope...
IMG_0881.jpeg

Thank you for the update. Yes, you can see the thick wires hanging from the pole ready to go. With this COVID lock down and all these winds this will be the last thing on the DWPs list. They basically drop everything that is not an emergency right now. It may be next year until we see this station operational.

Reactions: NYL12
Come on guys! You make it sound like the power goes out for 8 hours a day in LA. They have to abide by the same NERC Reliability Standards as everyone else in the US. LADWP has their share of shady characters and history but they’re just as reliable as any other first world utility :cool:

LADWP has their share of shady characters and history but they’re just as reliable as any other first world utility :cool:

Indeed. In fact, quite a bit more reliable than PG&E, and likely even less shady.

That said, it's a public power utility, owned by the citizens of Los Angeles, but run as a profit center for the city's general purpose budget. And I've lived here long enough to remember when there were no tiered rates, and I distinctly remember when LADWP went to tiered rates that they promised it would be a net zero for average use customers. That was a lie. Maybe it was net zero for people in Venice who never need to cool their home, but it was a huge net increase for residents of the valley for which the baseline allocation wasn't nearly enough to compensate for air conditioning usage.

As is usual in LA politics and culture, the valley got shafted in that transition. And I am still pissed at LADWP about it.

• Informative
Reactions: 1100MCM
Come on guys! You make it sound like the power goes out for 8 hours a day in LA. They have to abide by the same NERC Reliability Standards as everyone else in the US. LADWP has their share of shady characters and history but they’re just as reliable as any other first world utility :cool:

For the price of my power bills (Pre Tesla Solar) it better be reliable. I have family in Azusa and they pay less than a 4th of what I pay as the city has their own water and power company. LADWP are crooks and if you don't think so go to Transparent California and lookup job titles for the DWP. No one there makes less than 100K in fact most are closer to 250-300K a year.

For the price of my power bills (Pre Tesla Solar) it better be reliable. I have family in Azusa and they pay less than a 4th of what I pay as the city has their own water and power company. LADWP are crooks and if you don't think so go to Transparent California and lookup job titles for the DWP. No one there makes less than 100K in fact most are closer to 250-300K a year.
No disagreement with you there. LADWP isn’t exactly cheap anymore, as shown below. Then again employees at all the other utilities are also making bank, so there’s that. Before the mods give me the stink eye, this valley location is badly needed and hopefully will be set to open soon. The San Fernando location can’t come soon enough too if it gets approved for construction.
684A3851-0C01-48AB-B59C-C00BFB8A4B45.jpeg

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I can't believe anyone is higher than LADWP. I guess we are lucky we don't live in San Diego. I wonder if this is why you don't see a lot of Supercharging stations in the LADWP area. I can count about 5 including this one. A joke when I see how many Teslas are driving around the valley and the greater Los Angeles area.

Reactions: lUtriaNt