Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Granada Hills, CA (LIVE 24 Dec 2020, 16 V3 stalls, expansion in progress)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you know of a location with available spaces, enough power capacity nearby, and they want to lease the spots to Tesla for a reasonable rate? If so, have them submit a request to Tesla. It seems like you think Tesla can just easily place them anywhere they want. :rolleyes:

Yes, I can recommend a hundred places in the valley to put these Supercharging stations but I don't own the property so it won't help much. Think of all the huge parking lots all over the place. Any Target, Walmart, Frys, Shopping malls, Sepulveda basin. Power can be brought in anywhere that is not an issue. The lease space is cheap as the business benefit from increased customers while there cars are being charged. I will say the DWP is a rip off with the cost of power, even for businesses and this may prevent Tesla more than anything from opening more charging stations in the valley.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
In the near future, my driveway is going to be demolished and replaced and I will be without access to my Wall Connector for 10-14 days. I am considering relying on the Granada Hills Supercharger during this time. Any updates on how crowded this location gets these days? Seems like a very busy Supercharger. Has anyone found any days and times when you can reliably charge without waiting?

Thank you,
joebruin77

In the near future, my driveway is going to be demolished and replaced and I will be without access to my Wall Connector for 10-14 days. I am considering relying on the Granada Hills Supercharger during this time. Any updates on how crowded this location gets these days? Seems like a very busy Supercharger. Has anyone found any days and times when you can reliably charge without waiting?

Thank you,
joebruin77
It's slammed everytime I go there. Several times I have left because the line was too long. Like most Supercharging stations, weekends are out. lunchtime and after 5:00pm are out. Early morning between 7-8am is out as well. I would check your app throughout the day and find when there is the most available stalls. It's the only one in the valley so you can expect it to be busy for a while until Tesla builds more.

• Informative
Reactions: joebruin77
Are there still problems or is it charging properly these days? Are y'all getting 250kw?

I have no experience with this site, but just in case you aren’t aware there are a lot of factors that can influence the power that you can receive from any given Supercharger. So even if the answer to your question is “no”, that doesn’t necessarily mean something’s wrong with the Supercharger (or your car). Item U3 in the FAQ has a few more details.

Bruce.

Probably one of the worst supercharging stations here in SoCal. It is always slammed. I’m lucky enough to have 240 charging at my house but every now and then I think about taking it to the supercharger in Granada to get a quick charge. And whenever I look, it says 0/16 available or only a couple.

Probably one of the worst supercharging stations here in SoCal. It is always slammed. I’m lucky enough to have 240 charging at my house but every now and then I think about taking it to the supercharger in Granada to get a quick charge. And whenever I look, it says 0/16 available or only a couple.
Yep, overwhelmed from day 1. Clearly way overdue, but there is another charger in SF just blocks away on the other side of the 405. I am not sure how busy that one is since its recent opening.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Yep, overwhelmed from day 1. Clearly way overdue, but there is another charger in SF just blocks away on the other side of the 405. I am not sure how busy that one is since its recent opening.
It is just as bad. I probably have to go to Simi or Santa Clarita.
7C0CF1E4-1820-48BE-955E-0AD8DD6DC378.png

Looks like they could be upgrading this location. There's a long underground covered path from the cabinets to a location that is fenced off. Inside the fence is some storage and pipe, I couldn't see any delivered supercharger stalls.
I noticed it, I was there last night. I went to the city of Los Angeles permit website but could not find anything. I sent an email to Rengency (company who runs this shopping center) asking for info. This Place needs to be expanded to at least 24 stalls. This location its crazy busy and that's an understatement. I will post the e-mail answer here, well If I get one.

I believe this is it. There is no mention of the word Tesla but it says: add 2 additional superchargers at current location. When they say "2 superchargers", I assume they refer to 2 cabinets which will take Granada Hills from 16 to 24 stalls. If you look at the pics taken by @Cadenz the space looks about right for 8 more stalls (double sided layout like the other stalls)

Attachments

• Granada Hills SC Update.jpg
    Granada Hills SC Update.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 78
I believe this is it. There is no mention of the word Tesla but it says: add 2 additional superchargers at current location. When they say "2 superchargers", I assume they refer to 2 cabinets which will take Granada Hills from 16 to 24 stalls. If you look at the pics taken by @Cadenz the space looks about right for 8 more stalls (double sided layout like the other stalls)
I'd agree with that. +8 stalls.

Reactions: rayluis1988