Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grand Forks ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This Grand Forks thread was originally posted exactly one year ago - July 17, 2019.

While the ND network is now great on the 94 corridor, it’s incomplete without Grand Forks as an important link in the North-South chain.

Is there a source of reliable information on where GF stands in the current queue?

This Grand Forks thread was originally posted exactly one year ago - July 17, 2019.

While the ND network is now great on the 94 corridor, it’s incomplete without Grand Forks as an important link in the North-South chain.

Is there a source of reliable information on where GF stands in the current queue?
You've come to the right place.

Tesla doesn't comment on the status of their Supercharger installs, and anything available is gleaned from people discovering various public information spills, presentations to state and local governments, construction permits and observing "things". That info is crowdsourced and compiled right here. This is it.

So, what have your heard lately?

• Helpful
Reactions: PLUS EV
Anyone hear anything about progress on a ChaDEMO/CCS charger planned for Hillsboro south of Grand Forks this summer? I assume Covid has delayed those plans, but for how long?

Hey there. Can't speak for Hillsboro or Grand Forks but I do know that a similar charging station was also planned for Minot this summer. We got little to no info on it for a while, but in May or June we were told it was being delayed due to COVID. Then, yesterday night, I came across a Tweet from ChargePoint with a photo of a M3 charging at a ChargePoint DC fast charger in Minot. Turns out that the station had been up and running for more than a week, unannounced. So, in our case, the opening was delayed but it was still open by early July. It is also free.

Hopefully Hillsboro experiences something similar

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab and MarkoC
I wouldn't expect too much. Grand Forks, ND would be for the Winnipeg, MB link and travel is currently restricted between the USA and Canada.

I guess there are two points -

If construction does not happen by... October? ... it won;'t happen until well into spring 2021.

When will the border open for regular travel? I assume once a vaccine is available, travel will be permissible if you have a vaccination certificate. Will that be before or after next spring?

Also, as mentioned on the Minnetonka thread - the same crew from Kentucky that did (I assume) the other ND superchargers is currently doing Minnetonka and then will do the Minneapolis SC. I hope this means they will be in the general area to carry on to Grand Forks, the most outstanding ND planned site. (Or else, they'll go for Hudson WI?)

Seen this here Monday at the site I got excited until I realized I think they were just repairing the target parking lot

Attachments

• 20200817_134504.jpg
    20200817_134504.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 20200817_134504.jpg
    20200817_134504.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 102
Not sure if this is relevant, stale, or otherwise but this info just popped up in my local (to me) Tesla Owner's Group (Texas).

Target1.jpg

Target2.jpg

The letter is dated Dec 20 2019 (ya I know, 8 months ago) but shows a certain level of commitment to Grand Forks. The Grand Forks listed (T1783) is indeed the Grand Forks ND store. I'm not sure how the COVID stuff affects anything but it at least shows some commitment for both parties and certifies the location as of December 2019.

It’s pretty relevant. I don’t know if the terms of the agreement are for a permit or the Supercharger being built.

I think it showed up on the Texas group because Austin’s club retweeted my post about it. Here’s the TMC thread for it:

US Target Superchargers