Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grand Island, NE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Along with Kearney (and North Platte, which is rumoured) there will be a very high density of SCs along this route. Is it required for range reasons (particularly hilly or cold)? Is it easier to get electrical connectivity or planning approval in Nebraska? Or is it just Tesla preparing for the Model 3?

Along with Kearney (and North Platte, which is rumoured) there will be a very high density of SCs along this route. Is it required for range reasons (particularly hilly or cold)? Is it easier to get electrical connectivity or planning approval in Nebraska? Or is it just Tesla preparing for the Model 3?
guessing it has to do with at least 2 of the three. Elevation change to ogallala from omaha is 2300 ft. prevailing winds usually 10-20 is normal. In addition to planning for the model 3. also may be due to the fact that they have the crews out here might as well finish NE off for awhile. Many of us have been waiting patiently 3 yrs for the "promised" chargers.

• Informative
Reactions: callmesam and Chuq
Along with Kearney (and North Platte, which is rumoured) there will be a very high density of SCs along this route.
There are always rumors of places that never happen because other places happened. I think it is extremely unlikely that superchargers are built in Kearney or North Platte in the foreseeable future. Too many other places in need to justify that level of redundancy now.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Here's photos we took Monday night

Attachments

• IMG_3043.JPG
    IMG_3043.JPG
    344.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_3028.JPG
    IMG_3028.JPG
    440 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_3025.JPG
    IMG_3025.JPG
    508.1 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3042.JPG
    IMG_3042.JPG
    415 KB · Views: 170
Slow in coming, Grand Island will be the hinge pin between east and west on I-80.
And it appears the last to come on line. This was taken on Christmas. The posts are where the charging stations will go. The background services are further than they look. No problem when the weather is nice. I might have to get a Boosted Board!
IMG_20161225_123427926.jpg