Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grand Island, NE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2163 (1).jpg
IMG_2161 (4).jpg
IMG_2160.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2163.jpg
    IMG_2163.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 42
Looks like 7 stalls?There are 4 cabinets, so they could have 8 stalls. That's unusual.

Refer to Post 35 and the second to last picture that I posted. It appeared that they were going to have a pull straight in bay at the end. I don't know what happened. Are they still doing it? I have a hunch they are still though I don't know why it's not set up with the rest. Maybe they decided against it but I have no idea why they'd change their mind mid construction. They had the conduit ran and foundation ready mid December.

Very confusing when you look back on past pictures.

Refer to Post 35 and the second to last picture that I posted. It appeared that they were going to have a pull straight in bay at the end. I don't know what happened. Are they still doing it? I have a hunch they are still though I don't know why it's not set up with the rest. Maybe they decided against it but I have no idea why they'd change their mind mid construction. They had the conduit ran and foundation ready mid December.

I have another picture that I didn't post that shows the conduit like you said. It's at the far south end by the tree.

If I am understanding you correctly, it looks like there are 7 in a line and an 8th on the end that is for straight in parking, rather that backing in. I have seen this configuration a couple times. I think it is created this way so a person driving a Model X and pulling a trailer can pull in and charge without having to unhook the trailer. And maybe it is just so you don't have to always back in. I am passing on what I have seen (this configuration elsewhere) with conjecture (stuff I have heard).

If I am understanding you correctly, it looks like there are 7 in a line and an 8th on the end that is for straight in parking, rather that backing in. I have seen this configuration a couple times. I think it is created this way so a person driving a Model X and pulling a trailer can pull in and charge without having to unhook the trailer. And maybe it is just so you don't have to always back in. I am passing on what I have seen (this configuration elsewhere) with conjecture (stuff I have heard).
Yeah, they are doing it in a lot of new locations. We saw it set up this way at both Brush and Loveland yesterday.

IMG_3932.JPG
IMG_3929.JPG
IMG_3930.JPG
IMG_3924.JPG

Very confusing when you look back on past pictures.

Yeah, they are doing it in a lot of new locations. We saw it set up this way at both Brush and Loveland yesterday.

There will be 8 bays with one being a full pull in bay.

I was plugged in and there were no zip ties. I only sat there a few minutes but it went from starting to charge to tome remaining 50 minutes. It never actually charged the battery though. Charge speed and Kwh stayed at zero.
Interesting. Did you happen to try more than one stall? Could you see if the meter was hooked up?

We stopped at Brush last Saturday and were probably the first to use it (after the Tesla tester). We went and checked the meter during our charge and saw it was incrementing very slowly (since it uses a multiplier of 128) and was only at 0.6 kW when we finished charging. We then continued on to the Loveland Supercharger for the impromptu ribbon cutting there.

Well, they may have been charging. They were parked there for a while but we couldn't tell by the picture if they were plugged in or not. But the lights on the top were on on the bays. But doesn't mean if anyone is home.
To confirm, Lincoln is operational..at least for my car. I charged 50 miles this afternoon in about 15 minutes with a mostly full cold soaked battery.

Yipee..we're complete across the state! I notice you were on a B standard. I wonder if it would have been higher on an A. Still 30 kw is still higher than the 10kw I get off the 14-50 outlet. I've had my Model S for 18 months and have charged at a supercharger exactly 3 times so I don't really know anything about it! Notice also your temp is on HI so that's probably stealing about 6KW and with the wind and chill maybe another 6KW for the battery pack. Add to that your pack was over half--I'm assuming we're seeing the beginning of the charge session. Thanks for letting everyone know!

Now that both Lincoln and Grand Island are showing up on the car's map, I tried calculating a route from Omaha to Denver in a S70D and it still routed me through Kansas (Omaha to Topeka and then across I70). On evtripplanner.com, the route was on I80 to Ogallala and then down to Goodland SC in Kansas. So apparently the routing software thinks the distance from Ogallala to Brush is too far for an S70D or it is ignoring the Brush SC. Google maps says that is only 123 miles, so I'm wondering if there is something amiss with the routing software. On evtripplanner.com, I tried a S90D on a 72 degree day from Omaha to Denver and it routed the trip on I80 to Cheyenne and down I25 to Denver, still not using the Brush SC.

By manually choosing to use the Brush SC in evtripplanner.com, then it shows the route fine.

Last edited: