Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grand Island, NE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed that too. evtripplanner refuses to use Brush in auto routing, but if you tell it to use it it's good, even for S60.
I think it might have something to do with the reported issues with interstate exit in google maps?

I did notice when we were in Brush on Saturday that the map showed the Supercharger. I tried searching for Loveland and it couldn't find it but others that we met in Loveland said they were able to route to it. Maybe the Supercharger listings just haven't rolled out to everyone's car yet.

My car navigates through Brush without problems since last Saturday. I just tried various destinations in Nebraska, starting west of Denver, in Morrison. For destinations of Ogallala, Kearney, Grand Island and Lincoln, my car routed me on I-76 through Brush and then on I-80. If I try Omaha, it routes me on I-70 the entire way.

Last edited:
Ooh, that's Denver, CO to Chicago, IL done.

And surely, surely, they'll try to get a site in Kimball, NE to connect to Cheyenne, WY. Elon might even pay for it himself.

Ogalala to Cheyene is 170 miles. Do you foresee that being done before other higher distance gaps (take Council Bluffs, IA, to Independence [KC], MO at 199 miles) and high used places (I just read about Madison, WI being three deep wait)?

Ogalala to Cheyene is 170 miles. Do you foresee that being done before other higher distance gaps (take Council Bluffs, IA, to Independence [KC], MO at 199 miles) and high used places (I just read about Madison, WI being three deep wait)?

The location between Ogllala and Cheyenne (probably either Kimball or Sidney, I'm not sure which) is on the map for 2017. There is nothing on the 2017 map for the gap between Omaha and KC.

True, but Brush ahs been marked online for about a week now, and all of them see it and let you use it manually (as in you tell evtripplanner to charge there). It's only the auto routing that skips it.
I double checked last night and confirmed the same as you saw. I could manually choose the Superchargers as a destination but the trip planner didn't consider them when planning the route. If I tried destinations as far east as Ashland, it would route the trip on I-80. If I tried Springfield, it would change to route through Kansas the entire way.

Besides the fact that the gap needs to be split and they now have Nebraska contractors they've worked with, I was really just joking that Elon Musk's whim would lead him to put a Supercharger in a town with the same name as his brother Kimball.

I think Tesla will actually try to prioritize based on sales, adjusts deployment according to the agreements they can get, and reacts to congestion at Superchargers. On the congestion issue they may be in a pause as they see how the Idle fee affects it.

It's also worth remembering that they have leases on the Supercharger sites and we're now getting to 4 years after the earliest sites were built, so on top of having to increases capacity and density for Model 3, they may also have areas where they need or want to move the Supercharger.

Supercharger was down last eve. Please be aware. If counting on this to complete your trip call ahead. Alternative options are few. A tremendous thank you to a fellow tesla owner in the area for allowing me to charge long enough to limp to Omaha.

Supercharger was down last eve. Please be aware. If counting on this to complete your trip call ahead. Alternative options are few. A tremendous thank you to a fellow tesla owner in the area for allowing me to charge long enough to limp to Omaha.

Wife used it tonight and it worked fine. Sorry we were unable to assist. Guessing you got a charge from the guy just north of us. Glad to here you made it to your destination.

Reactions: msksus1