Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grants Pass, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1A and 1B were not working around midday today. I called it in to Tesla customer support and they already had a ticket on it, and said an engineer was scheduled to visit on 11/2. Thankful for the recent expansion- two down meant six left for the five of us charging at the time. With the help of other owners, I was able to tag the cables with a note so that there woud be fewer surprised users over the next several days.

Most
I'm shocked there were even 5 Teslas there at the same time when it wasn't even a holiday or eclipse.
Yeah, I know, right? But I guess I should not have been too surprised. Unlike a year ago, I'm seldom alone at an Oregon supercharger any more, and along I-5 there are usually 3 or more of us at any given time. OBTW- first model 3 was delivered in Portland this week. Staff at the service center said it was the first in the Pacific NW.

Stopped in Grants Pass Oregon to top up with 20 minutes, while eating at Black Bear Diner. A lady in a Model S remarked that her charger wasn't working. We just chalked that up to a fluke. The little circle turned green and flashed so we went inside and ordered. Luckily I checked my iphone, and wow, it wasn't charging. Went outside and replugged, now it was charging. Went back inside, and nope, not charging. Switched slots, and same thing. Finally on the third space, it worked. What do you folks think was going on? Memorial Day weekend? While we were there, another Model S pulled in and experienced the same thing.

Stopped in Grants Pass Oregon to top up with 20 minutes, while eating at Black Bear Diner. A lady in a Model S remarked that her charger wasn't working. We just chalked that up to a fluke. The little circle turned green and flashed so we went inside and ordered. Luckily I checked my iphone, and wow, it wasn't charging. Went outside and replugged, now it was charging. Went back inside, and nope, not charging. Switched slots, and same thing. Finally on the third space, it worked. What do you folks think was going on? Memorial Day weekend? While we were there, another Model S pulled in and experienced the same thing.

Cross posting from X forum

I had my MS do the same thing the other day. Every time I would walk away, it would quit charging, and I did that three times.. Fortunately, my wife was staying in the car with her Kindle. So, I left my key fob with her and it solved the problem.
Interesting, my wife and I both have fobs and we don't leave until we see the charger reach full rate. 2B failed twice before calling Tesla.

We both have fobs as well. It was charging just fine and just about when I got 5 yards from the car, my wife called me back as it quit charging. I would start it up again by re-seating the charger, and the same thing happened three times. So, the fourth time, I left my fob with her, and it charged successfully.

2A and 2B still not working. B cycled from 0 to 20kW; A from 15 to 35kW. Called Tesla again to report it and they confirmed they saw the issue I was having. Also flagged on PlugShare to try to warn others. For now, pick anything else even if it's paired with someone

I noticed this issue last week as well. It appears Tesla has also marked those stalls as "in use" as both times I arrived the navigation said there were two more stalls in use then actually were. So at least you won't show up expecting 2 available stalls while these are still down.

2A and 2B still not working. B cycled from 0 to 20kW; A from 15 to 35kW. Called Tesla again to report it and they confirmed they saw the issue I was having. Also flagged on PlugShare to try to warn others. For now, pick anything else even if it's paired with someone
This was still true as of Tuesday July 10th. Even worse, all other stalls were in use so I charged on 2B until someone left.
SCGrantsPass.jpg

Whoa, full house on a Tuesday? Looks like time for an upgrade. At least Roseburg will help from the north, but no future plans showing on the Tesla website between Grants Pass and Mt. Shasta (120 mi jump). It's 185 mi from Roseburg to Mt. Shasta, so very few people will be able to skip Grants Pass unless Tesla puts something in Ashland or Yreka.