TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Grants Pass, OR

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by rpo, Sep 30, 2017.

1. rpo

rpo Member

I just realized this supercharger did not have a thread, so I am starting one for one important reason. I charged there on 9/29/2017, and they have added 4 additional stalls for a total of 8. The techs were onsite and stated they would be operational this coming week!

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 2
  2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for your report! Great news. I will be using that location many times in the coming years (have been there a twice so far) and more stalls will be quite helpful.

3. BigD0g

BigD0g Active Member

@BlueShift you he can tie the two together and add the expansion.

4. BlueShift

BlueShift Member

Updated the stall count and discuss link. Thanks.

5. otter

otter Recovering eager beaver

1A and 1B were not working around midday today. I called it in to Tesla customer support and they already had a ticket on it, and said an engineer was scheduled to visit on 11/2. Thankful for the recent expansion- two down meant six left for the five of us charging at the time. With the help of other owners, I was able to tag the cables with a note so that there woud be fewer surprised users over the next several days.

6. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

I'm shocked there were even 5 Teslas there at the same time when it wasn't even a holiday or eclipse.

7. otter

otter Recovering eager beaver

Most
    Yeah, I know, right? But I guess I should not have been too surprised. Unlike a year ago, I'm seldom alone at an Oregon supercharger any more, and along I-5 there are usually 3 or more of us at any given time. OBTW- first model 3 was delivered in Portland this week. Staff at the service center said it was the first in the Pacific NW.

8. tommie

tommie Member

Stopped in Grants Pass Oregon to top up with 20 minutes, while eating at Black Bear Diner. A lady in a Model S remarked that her charger wasn't working. We just chalked that up to a fluke. The little circle turned green and flashed so we went inside and ordered. Luckily I checked my iphone, and wow, it wasn't charging. Went outside and replugged, now it was charging. Went back inside, and nope, not charging. Switched slots, and same thing. Finally on the third space, it worked. What do you folks think was going on? Memorial Day weekend? While we were there, another Model S pulled in and experienced the same thing.

9. teslcls

teslcls Member

Terminals 2A and 2B are not working on 5/27/18. Reported to Tesla and they already knew about it.

Only one other MS here with me at 4 pm.

10. McManX

McManX Member

Cross posting from X forum

11. teslcls

teslcls Member

2B and 2A have been reported as not working. Tesla is aware.

• Like x 1
  12. depeche

depeche Member

Did anyone contact Tesla?

13. Yarder

Yarder Member

I had my MS do the same thing the other day. Every time I would walk away, it would quit charging, and I did that three times.. Fortunately, my wife was staying in the car with her Kindle. So, I left my key fob with her and it solved the problem.

14. teslcls

teslcls Member

Interesting, my wife and I both have fobs and we don't leave until we see the charger reach full rate. 2B failed twice before calling Tesla.

15. Yarder

Yarder Member

We both have fobs as well. It was charging just fine and just about when I got 5 yards from the car, my wife called me back as it quit charging. I would start it up again by re-seating the charger, and the same thing happened three times. So, the fourth time, I left my fob with her, and it charged successfully.

16. ibdb

ibdb Any excuse for a road trip

2A and 2B still not working. B cycled from 0 to 20kW; A from 15 to 35kW. Called Tesla again to report it and they confirmed they saw the issue I was having. Also flagged on PlugShare to try to warn others. For now, pick anything else even if it's paired with someone

17. ChrisPDX

ChrisPDX Member

I noticed this issue last week as well. It appears Tesla has also marked those stalls as "in use" as both times I arrived the navigation said there were two more stalls in use then actually were. So at least you won't show up expecting 2 available stalls while these are still down.

18. teslcls

teslcls Member

That was also true a few weeks ago when we were there. It would be nice if there were some standard way to flag those terminals as out of service so time isn't wasted with them, as has happened to some.

19. pdxrajiv

pdxrajiv Member

This was still true as of Tuesday July 10th. Even worse, all other stalls were in use so I charged on 2B until someone left. SCGrantsPass.jpg

20. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Member

Whoa, full house on a Tuesday? Looks like time for an upgrade. At least Roseburg will help from the north, but no future plans showing on the Tesla website between Grants Pass and Mt. Shasta (120 mi jump). It's 185 mi from Roseburg to Mt. Shasta, so very few people will be able to skip Grants Pass unless Tesla puts something in Ashland or Yreka.