Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Great Barrington, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has started doing this occasionally over the last ~six months. They will add a supercharger that is in construction to their system before it's operational and then just list it as temp. closed in the nav until it's actually ready to use. I'm not sure why. To me, it seems like just one more way to make the information in their system seem unreliable.

I was here maybe an hour ago. 4 of the 8 pedestals were lit. I was able to charge at one of them successfully at an expected rate (2016 Model S).

IMG_5591.jpg

Still showing offline this morning - if you're in the area and swinging by anyway, would be curious to learn if the closure info is real (ie. if it's showing closed, is it really not operational). Doesn't really matter of course - but curious to get a data point on the validity of the nav status info. Bottom line is if a site is listed as closed, it's best to assume it's not working and plan around it.

It had been open when we passed it Friday the 9th in the afternoon on the way to the North Canaan SuC. I noticed it was marked offline on the map when we drove home on Sunday. We stopped by Lee and were only one of 2 cars there mid Sunday afternoon.

Does anyone local know what's happening with this site? I was going to go there today, but the Navigation was showing it as Temporary Closure. Since it was going to be a 250 mile round trip, I didn't want to take a chance. In the past I've seen Temporary Closure on the Nav at other places, when in fact it was just some stalls that were out of action or power was reduced.