TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Great Falls, MT

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by scottf200, Jun 15, 2018.

1. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

#1 scottf200, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Supercharger - Great Falls, MT

There is an excellent location in Great Falls, MT that I recently discovered. This multi-stage development was started over a year ago. It is slightly upscale for the area. The hotel they put up as 4 Tesla destination charges *if* you are staying there. Not useful for those traveling through. It does mean Tesla has the beginning of a relationship there.

Here is the main contact if you wanted to let him know that you'd be happy to visit establishments in the area if they had a Tesla Supercharger. I have passed various bits of info to him but if you wanted to *nicely* encourage him and show him what a Tesla community is like that'd be cool -- Jeremiah Johnson -- [email protected]

Development is: West Bank Landing - Great Falls, Montana Development | Mixed Use River Front Sustainable Development

Local newspaper article: What's going on at West Bank Landing?

... in progress ....

This hotel is built already with some Tesla Destination chargers (old picture)
    [​IMG]

1.5 miles from I-15

[​IMG]

Finishes a nice look via MT, Canada, WA, ID

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

#2 scottf200, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Others that may be interested: @abasile , @PLUS EV , @ChrisPDX , @ReddyLeaf , @KJD, @Solarwind

Follow red up arrows to go to thread where the below were taken from. For example: "said: "

• Like x 2
  3. Dynastar

Dynastar Member

Great Falls is also an important spot for Billings<->Glacier/Kalispell. Without a SC in Great Falls this route is problematic even for a 3LR. Hurry up and get us a super charger Tesla!

• Like x 1
  4. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Shelby, MT is also on this need list to easily get to Canada and Kalispell.

People should be emailing!!!! -- > [email protected]

[​IMG]

5. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

#5 scottf200, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    I pinged Jeremiah. Maybe we'll hear something soon.

I sent this back:

Here is a picture and article on the one in Missoula. I would think you guys could get some good press if you did this as well.
    Tesla Motors opens Supercharger station in Missoula

[​IMG]

Here is another article about Montana and electric car chargings.

Montana charging stations give electric vehicles room to roam

Article text:
    "Charging stations can also be found outside many Montana restaurants and coffee shops, such as Suds Hut bar and grill and one of the Starbucks locations in Helena. Several Montana hotels and motels provide them for customers as well.

Tesla Motors now has “Supercharger” stations for Tesla vehicles in eight Montana communities: Billings, Big Timber, Bozeman, West Yellowstone, Lima, Butte, Missoula and Superior.

Part of what drove the expansion in Montana is national park access, Tesla told The Montana Standard in 2014, which is when the company installed many of its charging stations in the state. Tesla tries to place the stations in convenient locations about 150 miles apart."

• Like x 1
  6. Smiles83

Smiles83 Member

Any updates on the 3 Tesla Superchargers set for Shelby, Great Falls or Helena?

7. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

I just pinged Jeremiah in Great Falls. Not sure of locations in Shelby.

8. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess these are on the cost-cutting list for 2018. Shame, because Great Falls, MT _could_ or _could_ _almost_ make I-15 "complete" (at least in reasonable conditions): it's about 150 miles from the Butte, MT Supercharger, and under 120 miles to Sweetgrass, MT.

• Like x 1