TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Green Bay, WI

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by packerryan, Apr 5, 2016.

1. packerryan

packerryan Member

Does anyone have an update on the elusive SC in Green Bay, WI? I keep getting the "it's coming but plans change so you can't hold us to it" reply from Tesla. I've been getting this now for over one year. Any information would be great. Sheboygan was a nice first step but I need one in GB itself for my purposes. Thanks.

2. GordonBremer

GordonBremer Member

I agree that a Supercharger is definitely needed in the Appleton/Green Bay area. I want to travel from Florida to Appleton to stay with family, and it appears problematic save for one of your club members who has offered a HPWC at a home. A Supercharger on the west side of Green Bay (near Lambeau, for example) would serve both Green Bay and Appleton.

3. packerryan

packerryan Member

I'm polling the community once again to see if anyone has any insight into the Green Bay Supercharger. Is anyone aware of permits being filed, potential sites being built out, etc? Green Bay has been on the site as "coming this year" for nearly two years now.

4. Calvin.K

Calvin.K Member

According to Mike on Wisconsin Tesla owners & Enthusiasts Facebook page who talked to a Tesla rep: "Green bay, Wausau and Stevens Point areas are planned for superchargers and should be installed by the end of 2016."

5. Thxdude

Thxdude Member

Should be located at another Festival Foods located one (like Sheboygan's) - presumably De Pere or Green Bay. Didn't see anything listed under De Pere (site:deperecitywi.iqm2.com) but Green Bay's site is pretty worthless (scanned as image PDFs) so if you have time, you could start digging through their city counsel minutes to see if something was filed (http://greenbaywi.gov).

6. odguy

odguy Member

On the Tesla site it shows the above Supercharger locations under the 2016 map. I didn't notice that when I last checked several weeks ago. We only have a little over 3 months for 2016. How realistic is it for all those sites on the 2016 map?

7. Calvin.K

Calvin.K Member

Its possible, when they installed the first supercharger in Wisconsin it wasn't discovered until November that they started construction.

8. packerryan

packerryan Member

I wouldn't hold your breath. If memory serves me right it was on the 2015 plan too. I'm a HUGE Tesla fan and I love my P85D. However, as it relates to Superchargers there really is a concept of "Tesla Time".

I wish they were a bit more realistic with themselves and/or their customers.

9. packerryan

packerryan Member

Just checking on this subject. T Minus 31 days left in 2016. Has anyone heard of any progress being made in GB?