Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Green Bay, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have an update on the elusive SC in Green Bay, WI? I keep getting the "it's coming but plans change so you can't hold us to it" reply from Tesla. I've been getting this now for over one year. Any information would be great. Sheboygan was a nice first step but I need one in GB itself for my purposes. Thanks.
The opening date for Meijer Superstore was announced today - May 16. It seems like the SC should be ready about ready at the same time - about 86 days after the permit date.

Tesla Supercharger station planned at Meijer
By: Kris Schuller
Posted: Feb 20, 2017 07:30 PM CST
Article link: Tesla Supercharger station planned at Meijer

“We've always known that the 29/41/43 corridor would be a great place for anyone traveling through the state or preparing to go to Door County - to get charged,” said Village Administrator Paul Evert.
<snip>
If everything goes smoothly the Tesla Supercharger station could be available for use in early summer.

The median time from "Permit" status at supercharge.info to operational is 86 days, but as you say it is highly variable.

USA Supercharger days from supercharge.info status to supercharge.info Open date:

Code:
          Permit Construction
Count        146          280
Average      118           41
Min            4            0
Max          568          297
Median        98           33
Deviation     90           33

(Ignoring Bay City because my lookups can't currently handle the status reversions in the data
Only includes Open Superchargers.)

Until the GB supercharger is ready, does anybody have any suggestions for getting through Michigan UP? PlugShare shows chargers in Houghton and Marquette, but I'm not sure how reliable these are....

I'm travelling from Minneapolis to Mackinaw Island.

Thanks!

I drove by 2 weeks ago on May 3rd when I was in town specifically looking for the SC and couldn't find it. That doesn't mean it isn't there, just that I didn't see it. But I did circle the store and didn't even see signs of potential SC construction.

Obviously this was before they opened, but I would have expected to see some construction happening if it was going to be ready by the grand opening.

Later today I'll call the Miejer and ask the store manager or someone with similar charge as I've been curious about this for some time too.

Until the GB supercharger is ready, does anybody have any suggestions for getting through Michigan UP? PlugShare shows chargers in Houghton and Marquette, but I'm not sure how reliable these are....

Thanks!
This spot has a 14-50 separate from the RV spaces that you can charge at on the way to the UP as well.

500 Bay Rd
Peshtigo, WI 54157
United States

Thanks!

I traveled around Lake Michigan including the UP two years ago. Both the Houghton and Marquette charging stations worked well at that time. I also camped out at Michigan State Parks and used the RV plugs. Wells, Indian Lake, Tahquamenon, and Straits parks all have selected sites with 14-50 outlets.
See Michigan State Parks Online Reservations

I stopped by the Meijer store today, about 7:30 this evening. Contrary to my first impression It does not look like a good place for an SC and now I wonder if it too late for Tesla to find a better location. There are 12 parking paces in the area to the left of the entrance to Meijer Store, where a high voltage cabinet is located. I assumed, maybe incorrectly, this is where the SC will be located. There are 4 parking spaces on one side of the cabinet and 8 in a row on the other side of the cabinet looking like a typical Tesla 8 charger installation. There were 7 ICE cars occupying the 12 spaces - the spaces are so convenient to the front entrance of the store. Also there is no shopping cart coral nearby and some stray shopping carts were strewn around this area, at least one blocking a car parked in those spaces.

Further it is very confusing to get out of the parking lot and head back to I-41. In my case I did an illegal U-Turn, then went east on Shawano Ave to work my way around the busy traffic circle at Taylor Street to head back west on Shawano Ave to I-41. There is another way out at the back of fhe store but that is even trickier to negotiate to get back to Shawano Ave.

It would be great if some others living around Green Bay could look around and see what you think.

A mea culpa on my post - the best way to return to I-41 from the Meijer Store is to exit the parking lot to Badgerland Dr which parallels the back of the store and turn left and proceed to Taylor Drive which is only 100 yards or so. Then left again to the traffic circle and exit west to I-41. If you are going to the stadium from the SC you can either go back to I-41 and head south to Exit 167 (Lombardi Ave) or go east at the traffic circle toward downtown Green Bay, right on Military Avenue to Lombardi and the stadium, parking, etc. Hopefully the Meijer store or the village will put is some traffic signs by the access road (Meijer Drive) directing people to I-41.

As us long time residents know, the street names were changed a bit to accommodate all the traffic to the new Meijer Store. Confusing to ar least one or two of us older guys (my excuse). All 12 of the parking spots by the high voltage cabinet where I am guessing the SC will be located were filled with cars Saturday around 11 am but the store has only been open 10 days so probably extra busy right now.

As Dan F pointed out to me, the site is no harder to get in and out of than a lot of other SC locations.

Taking a trip to Peninsula State Park over the 4th of July. Anyone on the ground in GreenBay have an update on this SC? Thanks in advance!

We made that trek from Minneapolis last year, staying up in Ellison Bay. It's amazing what a difference just a year makes. We had to go via Mauston, where we stopped and fully charged. Now with a supercharger in Wausau, that's not necessary any more. The next charging stop was at the visitors center in Sturgeon Bay, where we stopped for about an hour. That was enough to get us up toe Ellison Bay. There were only one or two L2 chargers otherwise in Door County at the time. Now, plugshare shows they have them all over the place. Tesla's Find Us map shows they hope to put a supercharger in Sturgeon Bay by the end of the year. Even without that, it's gotten pretty easy to get to Door County.

mn4az, if you have time, stop at the supercharger site in Green Bay and let us know what you find.

Stopped at the Supercharger site in Green Bay 6/25. Address is 2015 Shawano Ave, Green Bay WI, 54303. Construction has started! Looks to be a 8 stall site

Attachments

• 20170625_120947 (1).jpg
    20170625_120947 (1).jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 20170625_120903.jpg
    20170625_120903.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 20170625_120956 (1).jpg
    20170625_120956 (1).jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 97
Stopped at the Supercharger site in Green Bay 6/25. Address is 2015 Shawano Ave, Green Bay WI, 54303. Construction has started! Looks to be a 8 stall site

Also wanted to add-
It is a little strange of a place for a supercharger. There isn't a lot nearby on first glance for food/whatever, just a Starbucks, but as a non-local (Rhinelander here) it is easy enough to find and probably best located near all the major interchange to go north on 41, west on 29, south on 43 or 41, or north up to 57 if you are heading up to Door County. Freeways interchange and flow rather well in that area considering the amount of extra traffic from Lambeau Field at times.