Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Green Bay, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have an update on the elusive SC in Green Bay, WI? I keep getting the "it's coming but plans change so you can't hold us to it" reply from Tesla. I've been getting this now for over one year. Any information would be great. Sheboygan was a nice first step but I need one in GB itself for my purposes. Thanks.

I agree that a Supercharger is definitely needed in the Appleton/Green Bay area. I want to travel from Florida to Appleton to stay with family, and it appears problematic save for one of your club members who has offered a HPWC at a home. A Supercharger on the west side of Green Bay (near Lambeau, for example) would serve both Green Bay and Appleton.

Should be located at another Festival Foods located one (like Sheboygan's) - presumably De Pere or Green Bay. Didn't see anything listed under De Pere (site:deperecitywi.iqm2.com) but Green Bay's site is pretty worthless (scanned as image PDFs) so if you have time, you could start digging through their city counsel minutes to see if something was filed (http://greenbaywi.gov).

According to Mike on Wisconsin Tesla owners & Enthusiasts Facebook page who talked to a Tesla rep: "Green bay, Wausau and Stevens Point areas are planned for superchargers and should be installed by the end of 2016."

On the Tesla site it shows the above Supercharger locations under the 2016 map. I didn't notice that when I last checked several weeks ago. We only have a little over 3 months for 2016. How realistic is it for all those sites on the 2016 map?

On the Tesla site it shows the above Supercharger locations under the 2016 map. I didn't notice that when I last checked several weeks ago. We only have a little over 3 months for 2016. How realistic is it for all those sites on the 2016 map?
Its possible, when they installed the first supercharger in Wisconsin it wasn't discovered until November that they started construction.

I wouldn't hold your breath. If memory serves me right it was on the 2015 plan too. I'm a HUGE Tesla fan and I love my P85D. However, as it relates to Superchargers there really is a concept of "Tesla Time".

I wish they were a bit more realistic with themselves and/or their customers.

This just in from Tesla today:

"Thank you for your email. We are still actively scouting for site locations in Green Bay, but are still in the early stages of deployment. We try our best to keep our site timelines updated for our customers, although there are several factors to developing Supercharger Stations and we cannot make any guarantees to exact dates. We are certainly committed to establishing a Supercharger Station in Green Bay and hope to do so as quickly as we can in 2017.

We appreciate your enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology."

Please keep an eye out for any movement. It doesn't sound promising for the first half of 2017.

Green Bay's Supercharger may have found a home. A couple of friends of mine were part of a photo shoot today. As is happening in other parts of the country cities and towns are seeking to have Superchargers added in their community.

Tesla Supercharger station planned at Meijer
Thats fantastic, great location, however, anyone going/continuing north form 43-41 will have a small detour... Good Spot.

Green Bay, WI

Interstates: I-41*
US Numbered Highways (<=5 mi): US-41, US-141

I-41:
To: End (US-41, Howard, WI) - 3.1 miles
Diversion: 2.1 miles

To: Traverse City, MI (US-41, MI-35, US-41, US-2, I-75, MI-32, MI-42, US-131, MI-72, US-31) - 373 miles
To: Parry Sound, ON (US-41, MI-35, US-41, US-2, I-75, local, TCH, TCH-69) - 570 miles
To: Saint Laurent, QC (US-41, MI-35, US-41, US-2, I-75, local, TCH) - 889 miles
To: Cornwall, ON (US-41, MI-35, US-41, US-2, I-75, local, TCH, ON-138, local, ON-2) - 837 miles
To: Bay City, MI (US-41, MI-35, US-41, US-2, I-75) - 429 miles
To: Cadillac, MI (US-41, MI-35, US-41, US-2, I-75, MI-32, MI-42, US-131) - 385 miles
To: Sheboygan, WI (I-41, WI-172, I-43) - 66.6 miles
To: Madison, WI (I-41, WI-26, US-151) - 129 miles
To: Mauston, WI (I-41, WI-44, WI-23, WI-82) - 135 miles
To: La Crosse, WI (I-41, WI-49, WI-A, WI-H, WI-22, WI-O, WI-B, WI-C, WI-V, WI-21, WI-PP, I-90) - 194 miles
To: Wausau, WI (WI-29, US-51) - 92.0 miles

* Also close to I-43, that ends at I-41.

Hurray! This SC plus the DC fast chargers going in across Ontario will mean I can head to eastern Canada without having to go down through Chicago & Toronto. This great.

Assuming you are going Minneapolis to Montreal (or any point further east), it's actually faster to go through Chicago and Toronto, especially given the better charging options. But I don't blame you for taking the scenic route.

Yes, from Minneapolis to Montreal. Yes, evtripplanner says it's faster going through Chicago, although that can be heavily influenced by the time of day one is passing through. But I've taken that southern route enough times and dealing with the traffic around Chicago and Toronto every time is always unpleasant. Sometimes I have reason to stop in Chicago--and for the record, I *like* Chicago, have relatives there. But the traffic always seems to be endlessly irritating. And though it might take me longer going via Sault Ste. Marie and across Canada, the lack of traffic congestion will make it worth it.

Yes, from Minneapolis to Montreal. Yes, evtripplanner says it's faster going through Chicago, although that can be heavily influenced by the time of day one is passing through. But I've taken that southern route enough times and dealing with the traffic around Chicago and Toronto every time is always unpleasant. Sometimes I have reason to stop in Chicago--and for the record, I *like* Chicago, have relatives there. But the traffic always seems to be endlessly irritating. And though it might take me longer going via Sault Ste. Marie and across Canada, the lack of traffic congestion will make it worth it.

I definitely agree with you in an ICE car but using all superchargers on the Chicago/Toronto route feels quite a bit faster than dealing with whatever in the UP and northern Ontario. Either way, it sounds like a fun trip!

For me, part of the fun of having an EV is making trips where the charging may be a bit challenging. Mind you, my wife has no patience for such adventurousness. When she's in the car, we go through Chicago. The trip to Montreal is usually a solo effort though so I can take routes where charging may be a bit less certain.