Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Green Bay, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time reader, first time post. I stopped by the location for the Green Bay Supercharger today, Sunday, July 2nd. It looks like not much has happened in a week. It looks like all that has changed from the pics from Brendan is that the concrete pad for the transformer looks all ready to be poured. My folks live in Green Bay. I'll try and post pics when I visit again.
IMG_2890.JPG
IMG_2891.JPG
IMG_2892.JPG

View attachment 235605 All of Tesla's hardware is on site. Plans are to install the charger cabinets and stations next week when the concrete is cured. Still need power to the site and the transformer set..... check out.... Two week estimate might be tough......???

I was planning a trip up to Door County at the end of the month and was really hoping to have a supercharger stop between Madison and Door County. There are some L2 chargers in Door County, but not sure it would be enough to get us back with all the driving we'll be doing up there.

If this site isn't activated by the end of the month. The Festival Foods store on University Avenue in Green Bay has two 40 amp JuiceBox available 24/7. There are listed on PlugShare. It's an easy off - easy on from Hwy. 43 on your way to and from Door County. I've used them a couple of times just to check them out while shopping.

• Helpful
Reactions: allhands
If this site isn't activated by the end of the month. The Festival Foods store on University Avenue in Green Bay has two 40 amp JuiceBox available 24/7. There are listed on PlugShare. It's an easy off - easy on from Hwy. 43 on your way to and from Door County. I've used them a couple of times just to check them out while shopping.

Thanks! I think that would work in theory, but the fastest charging I've been able to get on a 40a charger is 29mi/hr which would require me to stay several hours to get back to Madison.

Worst case scenario I could go down through Sheboygan and use the supercharger there which would add an hour or so to the trip home.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Green Bay supercharger is done before the end of the month!

20170629_200025.jpg
Two weeks ago I charged at Hillside Inn of Ephraim @ 80amps getting 58mi/hr. Wilson's Restaurant & Ice Cream Parlor is next door with very good root beer and ice cream. We also watched sunset over the harbor. I also pulled 4mi/hr @ 15amps overnight in VRBO we stayed at for driving around Door County. We stopped at Sheboygan Supercharger on way up and down and went along Michigan Lake coast on highway 42 for nearly same time but slower speed and less miles than going through Green Bay.

• Helpful
I was planning a trip up to Door County at the end of the month and was really hoping to have a supercharger stop between Madison and Door County. There are some L2 chargers in Door County, but not sure it would be enough to get us back with all the driving we'll be doing up there.

FWIW... we spent July 4 - 8 in Peninsula State Park camping and did a bunch of driving around Door County in our 70D. We arrived to our campsite with 4% SOC (came directly from Marshfield, WI after staying with some friends that have an L2). After unpacking all our gear we used a NEMA14-50 within the campgrounds to "kick start" our charging (got to about 20%) while setting up our site. In addition to that initial campsite charge we charged in Fish Creek, Ellison Bay and Baileys Harbor. When we left Fish Creek after breakfast/coffee we were at a full tank (ie 90% SOC).

Attachments

• WP_20170707_09_25_34_Rich.jpg
    WP_20170707_09_25_34_Rich.jpg
    620.3 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: mknoebel
FWIW... we spent July 4 - 8 in Peninsula State Park camping and did a bunch of driving around Door County in our 70D. We arrived to our campsite with 4% SOC (came directly from Marshfield, WI after staying with some friends that have an L2). After unpacking all our gear we used a NEMA14-50 within the campgrounds to "kick start" our charging (got to about 20%) while setting up our site. In addition to that initial campsite charge we charged in Fish Creek, Ellison Bay and Baileys Harbor. When we left Fish Creek after breakfast/coffee we were at a full tank (ie 90% SOC).
Sweet. Peninsula Park is great. Can't wait to take our Tesla camping.

I was up that way in June and I actually parked my Model X overnight one night at the free charger in Fish Creek behind the government center.

In Green Bay the Aloft hotel has a charger behind it and I charged at 47 miles an hour the other night. I was getting 72 amps. It was a nice hotel to stay at, and if you are in a bind you could stop by for an hour or two and charge. They have a nice bar inside and serve food as well. The hotel staff says that it rarely gets used.

• Helpful
I was in Green Bay yesterday morning and stopped by. They were finishing setting the electrical boxes. My rough guess would be about a week till it's open. Here are some pictures:

Thanks for posting these photos! I was keeping my fingers crossed that they might be done by July 28th but I think that's wishful thinking. Looks like they made a lot of progress this week but I'm pretty sure the next step is the hardest one (hooking everything up!)

In Green Bay the Aloft hotel has a charger behind it and I charged at 47 miles an hour the other night. I was getting 72 amps. It was a nice hotel to stay at, and if you are in a bind you could stop by for an hour or two and charge. They have a nice bar inside and serve food as well. The hotel staff says that it rarely gets used.

Do you have a dual on-board charger then? How were you able to get 47miles/hr? I'm pretty sure 34miles/hr is the fastest on an on-board charger.

Thanks for posting these photos! I was keeping my fingers crossed that they might be done by July 28th but I think that's wishful thinking. Looks like they made a lot of progress this week but I'm pretty sure the next step is the hardest one (hooking everything up!)

Do you have a dual on-board charger then? How were you able to get 47miles/hr? I'm pretty sure 34miles/hr is the fastest on an on-board charger.

Yes, I have a dual charger. I think the volts was only 203 if I remember right. I was very happy to see they had a large breaker in there as a lot of the destination chargers only have 40 amps.

Good luck on your trip! And the amount of round abouts a to get to the supercharger is crazy. You'll hit about 5 massive roundabouts if you come from the west.

View attachment 236912 A hint of things to come. Lots of cables to pull and terminate next week.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING!

OMG if that first one is already hooked up that would make my upcoming trip to Door County on the 28th SOOO much easier!!!!! Can anyone do me a favor and check it out sometime next week maybe Tuesday or Wednesday and let me know if one or more of them work?

Thanks in advance!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING!

OMG if that first one is already hooked up that would make my upcoming trip to Door County on the 28th SOOO much easier!!!!! Can anyone do me a favor and check it out sometime next week maybe Tuesday or Wednesday and let me know if one or more of them work?

Thanks in advance!
It is for sure not going to work at this time. You'll just have to track this thread for the next few days. I would say it's unlikely that this supercharger will be up and running by the 28th.