Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Green River, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back charging here again on my way home. Slower this time but still works even though it's marked as offline.
Each stall has new stickers since I was here 10 days ago.

IMG_0534.JPG

Today 2B started charging at 137 kW but within 2 min tripped out (gave an error, asked me to replug), I tried 3 times but it kept stopping. I switched to 1A and it worked great (139 kW max and stayed above 100 kW for most of the charge)

Reactions: KJD
Always glad to hear about more chargers going in, but Green River is not one of the busiest locations. Surprised they are adding to it. I know I've only been there for 30-45 minutes at a time, and pretty rarely, but I don't think I've ever charged with anyone else there to begin with.

Always glad to hear about more chargers going in, but Green River is not one of the busiest locations. Surprised they are adding to it. I know I've only been there for 30-45 minutes at a time, and pretty rarely, but I don't think I've ever charged with anyone else there to begin with.
Major uptick in locals interfering with supercharger access at Green River: Watch your hand when using Green River, Utah Supercharger

4 new v2.5 chargers (120kw is what they said) being installed this week. Old ones are v1.0 and 72kw although foreman was confused why my car was charging at 105kw, clarification on that please and update to supercharger.info @BlueShift I was here a week ago and nothing was here. Started construction two days ago. Happened fast!!!

Greetings from Grand Junction, CO.

Attachments

• F2CD8438-FA37-4297-B031-46A8C1D56E3C.jpeg
    F2CD8438-FA37-4297-B031-46A8C1D56E3C.jpeg
    710.7 KB · Views: 60
  • BE0A3F9A-A229-4FA1-AB0A-EC5124B6545A.jpeg
    BE0A3F9A-A229-4FA1-AB0A-EC5124B6545A.jpeg
    770.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Years ago (Nov 2016) when I first rolled through the Green River site, it had the original (kinda squarish) V1 superchargers, but thanks to TeslaFi I can see I did get a 117kW charge rate when I plugged in. More recently I know for a fact they have been upgraded to the current design rounded style and were also outputting 120kW per car.

These might have started life as 90kW superchargers (they were part of the original rollout in 2014) but they haven't been 90kW for a very long time.

Reactions: camthehombre
4 new v2.5 chargers (120kw is what they said) being installed this week. Old ones are v1.0 and 72kw although foreman was confused why my car was charging at 105kw, clarification on that please and update to supercharger.info @BlueShift I was here a week ago and nothing was here. Started construction two days ago. Happened fast!!!

Greetings from Grand Junction, CO.

Battery SOC and battery temperature will effect your rate of charge. If you're under 30%(approx) and over 72%(approx) you won't see full speed. And if the battery temp isn't in the sweet spot, you won't see full speed, either.

As to the "Powered by Coal" stickers, they aren't (unfortunately) wrong. That particular area receives its power from a huge coal fired plant up by Price.

By contrast, I've charged at Green River many times and have rarely not seen at least one other car charging there. It has sometimes had only two working with three cars wanting to use them. More stalls will be welcome!

Green River is a major charge stop between Salt Lake City and Grand Junction or Moab (via Price UT), in addition to those just traveling on I-70.

Reactions: KJD